turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Insect Repellent Socks

Started by Greg Massey, January 16, 2022, 03:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

Insect Shield socks, do any of you use these type socks during turkey season, if so what brand do you prefer ?  I do know some people wear snake boots and others don't ...

Dtrkyman

I bought some off brand off amazon, go up to just below the knee and are comfy, wish I could find them again but they were some Euro company.

Work well, but after constant use I just treat them with permethrin a couple time a spring!  Just buy some nice tall snug fitting socks, darn tough are nice if they make a long one and treat them.

vthokie7227

I just spray my socks down with permethrin when I'm treating everything else. I treat my boots, too. That may be overkill, but the only good tick is a dead tick. Fox River and DarnTough both make great socks, plus they're made in the USA.

Bowguy

The permethrin was exactly what I was thinking. Buy some concentrate. Mix it up and spray everything. You'll have insect socks

Tom007

Quote from: Greg Massey on January 16, 2022, 03:23:22 PM
Insect Shield socks, do any of you use these type socks during turkey season, if so what brand do you prefer ?  I do know some people wear snake boots and others don't ...

Greg, I use Gamehide Elimitick pants, socks, and shirt. Lightweight, and this stuff works. I do not get ticks on me when I wear it. I also use Tick spray on clothes prior to hunts, I hang them outside to dry prior. Hope this helps....
"Solo hunter"

Tom007

Here is the info on Elimitick. Good stuff....
"Solo hunter"

Greg Massey

Quote from: Tom007 on January 22, 2022, 07:56:04 AM
Here is the info on Elimitick. Good stuff....
Thanks Tom, i was interested in the socks, thanks for sharing ...

Tom007

"Solo hunter"