OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Federal Custom TSS

Started by 4nolz2, January 07, 2022, 01:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4nolz2

Has anyone tried this? I've been a nitro ammo guy since copper plated then hevi and now TSS.

The constant buffer leaking cost me a bird imo last season so I'm going elsewhere.

I just ordered 2 5/8oz 18g TSS #9s to try

Ridge Rooster

Curious how they pattern for you. We have shot some Nitro 2 5?8oz 9's and Apex 2.5oz 9's with the Apex shooting a bit better in our limited test. Have not tried the Federal Custom yet but read a post somewhere where a guy disassembled a couple to see how and what they used as components. We were pretty satisfied with the Apex loading but price increase caused us to buy components and we load our own now with a bit better results.

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

4nolz2

I wish Old Gobbler would solve the picture posting issue

potter

I did not know about federal custom.  Where can u buy them.  I like nitros but they are a pain in the  to order and the buffer leaking out. Apex worked fine for me. This year I'm using foxtrot ammo a 7 1/2 and eight blend called the devastatorAt the price of ammo I can't afford to do much patterning. I'm going to use 695 Briley

4nolz2

X2 on the damn buffer! I hate shooting a $15 rattling shell!

I ordered the federals direct

potter

Just payed a visit to the federal custom site. I think this is great   Having federal make a any 10 g shell.  But 2 5/8 ounce.   Of tss.    The 10 is back!!!!   Can't wait to try.  Just ordered a splendid mix of 7 &9 s. Yea that's right 7s.  Yahoo. Not sure if I can afford to put pics on pattern board but maybe one

Jmillwood21

I have a sp10 I'm shooting tss apex #9 thru. Used it for two seasons with the tss with great results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4nolz2

What kind of 10" 40 yard numbers did you get with the Apex?

FL-Boss

I tired in a 20ga... didn't pattern any better than the regular Federal #9 for me. 

Jmillwood21

Quote from: 4nolz2 on February 14, 2022, 07:43:56 PM
What kind of 10" 40 yard numbers did you get with the Apex?
Honestly I never patterned the gun and counted the pellets. I shot it at 20 yards when I bought the apex tss and it blew a hole thru the cardboard not much smaller than my fist. 

4nolz2

I wish Old Gobbler would fix the picture posting so we could share pattern pictures

Jmillwood21

Quote from: 4nolz2 on February 14, 2022, 08:07:18 PM
I wish Old Gobbler would fix the picture posting so we could share pattern pictures
I'm also shooting a .720 Rhino choke.
I couldn't add photos either. I downloaded the app and it let me then. 

4nolz2

Care to elaborate? I'm on an Android mostly nowadays.

Ridge Rooster

My BPS 10 and a buddies SP10 both short barreled guns mine being 21.5" and his being 23" both shot the Apex 2.5oz 9's right at 500 in 10" at 40. Sometimes a little more or less but pretty consistent at or near 500. The 20" had over 300 to 350 range. Shot at 40 yards.  We were pretty satisfied but price on Apex went up to over 70 bucks so we started handloading for our guns. The handloads really make the 10's shine!

RidgeRooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

Jmillwood21

Quote from: 4nolz2 on February 14, 2022, 09:53:50 PM
Care to elaborate? I'm on an Android mostly nowadays.
The app called Tapatalk. Works well with adding photos.