News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Rem 870 with 18.5" barrel / Indian Creek .665 / Fed Premium TSS

Started by DTrain, January 30, 2022, 09:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DTrain

Hi all,
I have a Rem 870 with the 20.5" barrel.  I had been shooting Hevi-shoot Hevi 13 3" #7 and an Indian Creek .665 choke tube with good results but my ammo stash has run dry and I can't find it anywhere.

Today, I saw some Federal Premium 12ga | 3" | 1 3/4oz | 5-6-7 shot | 3rd Degree | TSS 18g/CC  (MEATEATER EDITION) so I picked up two boxes of it since it's the only higher end turkey ammo I've seen around my area locally.

Question; go ahead and shoot this through my Indian Creek choke?  I also the have the Remington Turkey Extra Full  Lead Shot Only choke tube that came with the shotgun, and a Carlson's REM EF .690 Bismuth, Lead, Copper, or Hevi-shot choke tube.

With the cost of that TSS ( :-[), I'd like to not have to experiment too much.  Given my current situation, what choke would you go with shooting the TSS?

Thanks in advance!

Tom007

I have. Remington 870 Special purpose 12 gauge, 21 inch barrel. I also have the Indian Creek .665 in it. I do shoot Hevi 13 #7's, but I have patterned #7 TSS through it, no problem. The Indian Creek tube is ok for TSS is was told....Hope this helps.
"Solo hunter"

DTrain

Missouri hunter

I would stay with the IC .665, pattern at 20 and 40yd. .665 constriction is what my 870 liked with pretty much everything, though I never shot 3rd degree through it.
Sterling Custom Calls, making handcrafted box and trough calls.

DTrain

Thanks Missouri hunter!

I did also email Indian Creek and the got a response that it was safe to shoot the Fed TSS through the choke.