OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey Ammo

Started by Greg Massey, January 01, 2022, 10:04:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kwgoke

Midway has 12ga 3" Longbeards in #5s currently. I'd rather #6s but

Mack's also has some stuff. They have LB #6s but only in the 3.5".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uncle Tom

MPW yesterday had Apex 20 ga TSS in # 9 at $46 a box.

bobk

As of this morning MPW has Apex TSS .410  and 20 gauge

Bob G.

Roger's has Apex 20 gauge 9 shot TSS GT-20. Ordered 5 boxes the other day. Apex website was out of stock.

Turkeyman

Quote from: Tom007 on January 05, 2022, 10:52:34 AM
Quote from: Turkeyman on January 05, 2022, 08:51:39 AM
I have two 12 ga. Moss...3" and 3.5". I'd like some Win LB 6s in 3"; can't find them anywhere. The 3.5" are easy to find. So I guess that's what I'll use; I have plenty.

Same here, I have plenty of WLB 3 inch 5's, but the 3 inch 6's are very scarce....Like you, I have the LB 3.5 #6's. They will just bust up our shoulders a bit, oh well....be safe :fud:

Yes...the only time I've ever felt recoil is when patterning at the range; hunting...never. My intent when I bought my Moss 930 was to use my Moss 835 as a backup. Now it appears to be the other way around...fine with me. Either will do the job quite nicely.

Old Gobbler

Order early and hope for the best ... Reloading components are about impossible to locate  too
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

bigriverbum

anyone know if .410 9.5 shot is legal in wisconsin?

couldn't find anything online and when i called the dnr on tuesday the message said the department was STILL on holiday break

Dtrkyman

"Hunt wild turkey with or while in possession of shotshells loaded with shot larger than no. 4 lead or other non-steel shot, or shot larger than no. 2 steel"

silvestris

"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Old Timer

The 835 eats lead and im all set there. TSS for the 20 and I ordered some last fall. I am seeing some in the stores not a lot but it`s been there. Get it early as you can I guess would be the way to go.

springtime_overland

https://www.sgammo.com/product/12-gauge-ammo/100-round-case-12-gauge-winchester-long-beard-xr-turkey-load-35-inch-2-oz-numb

Spend over $200 and you get free shipping.. I order from these guys a lot and have never had an issue.. They are a little high on these, but having some is better than not..

Dtrkyman

Natchez shooters supply is showing 3.5" longbeards in stock 2 and 2 1/8 6s

VAHUNTER

I'm stocked up as of now. Lol
20ga. Federal TSS #9's  6 boxes
20ga. Apex  7.5   6 Boxes
12ga  Hevi 3.5" #6's 4 boxes
12ga. Hevi 3.5" Magnum blend 6 boxes

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Good things come to those who wait

VAHUNTER

Doesn't seem to be a shortage at this time . But I wouldn't wait to long. As season approaches it will go fast.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Good things come to those who wait

lunghit

"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"