turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Loose sounding board

Started by Yoder409, December 22, 2021, 09:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

Picked up a small group of calls recently.

In the bunch was a Cody glass.  The glass sounding board is loose and I can see it sliding around inside the call.  Is there any fix for this ??  If there is......it's not apparent to me.

Thanks !!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Upfold99

It might be possible to use a heat gun to soften the glue used for the surface and remove, then re-glue the sound board and surface again.

Not sure what glue was used on a cody?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

outdoors

It can be repaired. But when it's glued back up good chance it's going to sound different
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

ol bob

Get 2 wooden dowels that will go through the holes in the back, heat call in microwave about 45 sec. push very easy on the glass, if you don't fell it start to move give it more time in microwave, once you get it apart, clean every thing up and put it back together.

Yoder409

Quote from: ol bob on December 23, 2021, 10:41:22 AM
Get 2 wooden dowels that will go through the holes in the back, heat call in microwave about 45 sec. push very easy on the glass, if you don't fell it start to move give it more time in microwave, once you get it apart, clean every thing up and put it back together.

I'll give this a go.  What glue would you recommend for reassembly ?? 

Thank you !!!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Mad_Baron

Some wood finishes will blister or have issues in the microwave.  If you do get it out clean off old glue and put everything back with Goop or E6000.  There is more to gluing up a pot than just the glue type fyi.
John Haines

Mad Baron Calls
NWTF Chapter President
NWTF Indiana State Board Member

Tom007

Quote from: Yoder409 on December 22, 2021, 09:32:59 PM
Picked up a small group of calls recently.

In the bunch was a Cody glass.  The glass sounding board is loose and I can see it sliding around inside the call.  Is there any fix for this ??  If there is......it's not apparent to me.

Thanks !!

Back in the early 90's, I bought my first Cody glass call. The same thing happened, the sound board glue failed. Bill from Cody replaced the call. It was at that time, 1994 when he told me about the Cody Spec 1. He said this redesigned call eliminated this from happening. I told him I will take one. I got number 168. Probably one of my best pot calls, I always carry it. Thank god my first one failed..lol. If you can get a hold of Bill, I am sure he would take care of it. I did hear they moved, and have been tough to get a hold of. Good luck...
"Solo hunter"

Yoder409

I did try calling Bill earlier this week but got a recording.

May try again.
PA elitist since 1979

Tom007

Quote from: Yoder409 on December 24, 2021, 10:10:43 AM
I did try calling Bill earlier this week but got a recording.

May try again.

Best of luck.....
"Solo hunter"