OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hevi 13 turkey loads. Looking for

Started by flockbuster, December 22, 2021, 06:44:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flockbuster

Looks like hevi 13 has stopped making them I'm looking for 3" or 3.5" #6s in 12 gauge. If anyone knows of any or has any that they aren't using I would certainly like to find some. 

Thanks

Wes

ChiefBubba

Yes I'm kinda peeved at that myself. Both my 11-87 and my 870 Super Mag love those shells. Bubba

JohnD.

So doing a little research, It looks like Vista Outdoor Inc has acquired  Hevi-Shot. Article I read mentioned adding more choices to the Hevi- Shot line so hopefully the Turkey loads will be available again. The 3" # 6 was my all time favorite load.

John

ChesterCopperpot

I wouldn't mind trying some of the new Hevi XII in 20ga, 1.25oz loads of #6. The 12ga loads might be a bit light at 1.25oz of #6 but might be worth seeing how they patterned. I'd rather try that than shoot any of their duplex turkey loads, and I sure don't want to pay the prices the 18 is demanding. Don't know why in the world they quit making the 13.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paboxcall

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on January 31, 2022, 09:50:56 PM
I wouldn't mind trying some of the new Hevi XII in 20ga, 1.25oz loads of #6. The 12ga loads might be a bit light at 1.25oz of #6 but might be worth seeing how they patterned. I'd rather try that than shoot any of their duplex turkey loads, and I sure don't want to pay the prices the 18 is demanding. Don't know why in the world they quit making the 13.

Thought Hevi-13 was actually 12, just marketed as 13. Could have been 13 early on they first loaded in the white hull, but then changed soon after.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Cut N Run

Quote from: paboxcall on January 31, 2022, 10:36:47 PM
Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on January 31, 2022, 09:50:56 PM

Thought Hevi-13 was actually 12, just marketed as 13. Could have been 13 early on they first loaded in the white hull, but then changed soon after.

^^^ This is exactly right.

The Hevi 13 shoots great out of my primary turkey gun.  Haven't tried Hevi 18 & don't really see the need anyway.
I knew how inclined the folks at Hevi are to changing things around, so I bought lots of 3" Hevi 6s & 7s.  At the rate I'm going, what I got should be enough to last me until I'm about 115 years old.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: paboxcall on January 31, 2022, 10:36:47 PM
That's good to know. Wonder why they discontinued the 13, and are marketing the 12 as a new product? Looks like smallest they go are 6s and are lighter loads designed for ducks, I guess. Aside from the 18 they don't have any turkey loads now that aren't some sort of duplex garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk