OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rem. 11-87 magazine cap w/ sling stud

Started by mcw3734, February 13, 2022, 12:12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcw3734

Looking to use a put a sling on my standard sized Remington 11-87 Sportsman 20-gauge. Ideally I was hoping to find a replacement magazine cap that comes with a stud for a sling.

I THOUGHT I had found such a product, made by The Outdoor Connection. However their 20-gauge model only fits "small frame, lightweight, youth and express". That is... seemingly every flavor of 870/1100/11-87 20-gauge but mine.

Does anybody know of any products? And if the mag cap replacement isn't an option, what others do I have for a sling?

Thank you!

lacire

I used something like this one on a 20ga. 870 35 years ago, it's still on my sons gun. It requires you to drill the magazine cap to install it. They also make a barrel band that should also fit if you don't want to drill the cap.

https://www.amazon.com/Uncle-Mikes-Detachable-Swivels-1-Inch/dp/B000MF7O3O/ref=sr_1_19?keywords=uncle+mike%27s+sling+swivels&qid=1644730581&sr=8-19
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

quackaddict

I would try the Outdoor Connection replacement cap. I'd bet a dollar to a doughnut that the magazine tube is the same for all the 11-87s. Worst thing that happens is you have to send it back. But I bet it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

mcw3734

Quote from: quackaddict on February 13, 2022, 08:06:13 AM
I would try the Outdoor Connection replacement cap. I'd bet a dollar to a doughnut that the magazine tube is the same for all the 11-87s. Worst thing that happens is you have to send it back. But I bet it works.

Unfortunately, I had already bought it and tried it out. Could only get about revolution in before it cinched tight. I called Outdoor Connections and they confirmed it wouldn't fit a standard 20-gauge. Luckily the person I bought it from on GunBroker refunded me everything, including shipping and said to 'just keep it'.

And so with that... if anybody has a model gun it would fit and wants it, I'll send it to you for the cost of shipping.