OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New 20 Gauge Load from Federal

Started by allaboutshooting, February 13, 2011, 03:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaboutshooting

Federal has introduced a new 2.75" 20 gauge turkey load. It uses the Flitecontrol Wad with 1.125 oz of #7 Heavyweight shot (250 pellets) at 1100 f.p.s. with the same downrange energy as a 1.5 oz. load of #5 lead shot and a 40% reduction in recoil over their 3" 20 gauge (their figures).

That may be a very interesting shell. Only time will tell.

Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

jakesdad

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

TrkyHntr

That would be a great load for a kid to shoot. Shouldn't have much recoil at all. Still would be better without the FC wad though.

Shane
He's big enough to ride in my truck!

hookedspur

Quote from: TrkyHntr on February 13, 2011, 07:19:18 PM
That would be a great load for a kid to shoot. Shouldn't have much recoil at all. Still would be better without the FC wad though.

Shane
:icon_thumright:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

gobbler74

Shane
good answer for kids and women "no offense".   
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

surehuntsalot

Shane

paired with the "right" choke,the flightcontrol shell is devastating
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

TrkyHntr

Quote from: surehuntsalot on February 13, 2011, 09:22:53 PM

Shane

paired with the "right" choke,the flightcontrol shell is devastating
I agree with you. I'm shooting the 3" fed. #7's. I'm just saying if they would go to a conventional wad, it would be easier to find a choke that would pattern them.

Shane
He's big enough to ride in my truck!

archdriver

I  hunt  with a 20 ga  sideXside from  time  to time.,..  Recoil is a significant issue
with fixed  breech, double  barrels with two  different  recoil effects.  anything that
minimizes recoil is good for  a gun  like  this.   Less of an issue with  my  benelli 20ga M2

ArchDriver

R AJ

This may be the perfect shell for the dense woods and tight area situation where a 35 yard shot is extremely long. Thanks for letting us know.