turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Winchester service…

Started by sixbird, September 21, 2021, 11:43:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixbird

Back in May, I discovered a pattern issue with 3" Longbeards.
I contacted Winchester and they sent me to a link for customer service. I filled out all the fields and submitted the complaint.
Mind you, this odessy took me on three range trips that are an hr. away and three boxes of ammo to sort out the problem (sorting it out and then having to check a round from each box I have).
Well, three more contact entrees over the next four months and I still don't have a response from Winchester.
Now, I've been a huge Longbeard fan since they first came out, despite a few problems along the way. BUT, this lack of response is turning me sour against Winchester...
Anybody else having issues getting a response from them?
So far, I haven't been able to find a number that I could call to speak to a real person.
I'm beginning to think there's a reason for that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lacire

I had a problem with a Browning TSS that failed to fire and contacted Browning. The Browning TSS is made by Winchester and Winchester contacted me by email within two days.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

THattaway

Last season I had a box of browning tss that had 2 rounds with bent hulls, like jammed in press, that would go in magazine but not chamber. Contacted Winchester, got prompt response but had to wait some weeks for refund, much like any other business and a defective product.
"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

lacire

Quote from: THattaway on September 24, 2021, 07:16:04 AM
Last season I had a box of browning tss that had 2 rounds with bent hulls, like jammed in press, that would go in magazine but not chamber. Contacted Winchester, got prompt response but had to wait some weeks for refund, much like any other business and a defective product.

It did take them a couple weeks to send me a $5.00 check to cover there bad shell. (The cost of the box of five was about forty five dollars but it was better than a sharp stick in he eye). The real loss was the gobble that my son had called in to about 15 yards and when it heard the click is was gone so fast that he didn't have time to jack in another round.

THattaway

That will scar a young turkey hunter. Sounds like the bad dream I used to have during turkey season. Sometimes I'd even dream the gun went "pfft" and shot rolled out of the barrel.
"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

ChesterCopperpot

Good LongBeards shoot incredibly well in that >25yd range. That said, bad LongBeards you might as well be hucking rocks. I've had bad LongBeards. I've had bad LongBeards cost me birds. That to say, inconsistency and the off chance they don't do what they're supposed to do when it matters has pushed me away from them and I'll never go back. If it has to be Winchester I'll take the Double X.

ChesterCopperpot

Look at the top photo in this thread (what you'd expect) and then look at the photos I posted later in the thread of the bad shells:

Bad lot of Winchester LB #5s
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?share_fid=17578&share_tid=100942&url=http%3A%2F%2Foldgobbler%2Ecom%2FForum%2Findex%2Ephp%3Ftopic%3D100942&share_type=t&link_source=app

sixbird

Well, I FINALLY got a response from Winchester! They were very accommodating, as they had been in the past. Thank you Winchester...
Looks like they'll give credit for the defective shells. We'll see how that shakes out...
So, they're doing what they should but it's taken them months just to acknowledge aside from the responses to fill in the digital form.
I'm wondering if this post had any impact on their response. The timing, maybe coincidental, but curious. I would guess they monitor these forums.
In any event, although late, it looks like they're doing the right thing...

lacire

Good that they got back to you, as it shakes out let us know the outcome.