turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Just got back, first Elk Hunt

Started by Tom007, September 17, 2021, 08:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

Hope all is well. My brother and I just got back from an Elk hunt in Colorado. He has a house there, so I met him last week and we drove 4 hours to hunt Elk. I had a Muzzleloader tag, he had the archery tag. On Sunday, I harvested a nice 5x5 with my Encore. My brother had one on Tuesday at 15 yards, he drew but there was branches covering the vitals. He passed. I told him I respected what he did, never doubt an ethical decision to pass on quarry with a bow. We had a great time hunting together. I will never forget this experience. Hope you are all well, be safe....
"Solo hunter"

PaLmbHngr

Tom007

Thank you, appreciate it. I was fortunate. The weather was very hot, but around 49/50 in am. Shot mine at 7:00 am. The afternoon hunts were non productive due to the heat. Hopefully it cools down for the rest of the hunters. Be well.....
"Solo hunter"

Jimspur

That's awesome! Congratulations on a nice bull.

Ozarks Hillbilly

Congrats on a nice bull and getting to share the experience with a loved one. 

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Tom007

Amen, being with my brother made it supper special. Thank you...
"Solo hunter"

Greg Massey

Congratulations to you both on a great hunt and sharing great memories together .. nice bull... awesome

Tom007

Quote from: Greg Massey on September 17, 2021, 09:45:28 PM
Congratulations to you both on a great hunt and sharing great memories together .. nice bull... awesome

Thanks Greg........
"Solo hunter"

RutnNStrutn

Congrats to you both!! A nice bull, a proper decision and time in the woods with your brother. It doesn't get much better than that.

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.

Tom007

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on September 17, 2021, 10:34:46 PM
Congrats to you both!! A nice bull, a proper decision and time in the woods with your brother. It doesn't get much better than that.

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.

Amen my friend, not many could have made his decision not to try and "weave" one through the branches. He's really good when it comes to passing on a bad shot. My time with him is priceless, the Elk was just an added bonus. Thanks much, be safe.....
"Solo hunter"

fishr64

Congratulations Tom!! Sounds like an awesome trip, especially spending the time with your brother.

joey46

NCL

Congratulations on a nice bull. You have some great eating ahead of you

Tom007

Thanks for all the kind replies.....be well.
"Solo hunter"

Tail Feathers

Congrats on your elk!  With a muzzle loader even, great job.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!