News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Covid Vaccine--Who Got It?

Started by gatrapper, August 31, 2021, 03:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: deerhunt1988 on September 01, 2021, 08:39:07 AM
The way I see it, you are going to get something you don't want one way or another. That something will be COVID, the vaccine, or very possibly both. I'm pro-choice and don't appreciate the efforts to cram the vaccine down people's throats. It sounds grim, but as far as I'm concerned, this is just Mother Nature regulating populations. And we could use a little fine tuning of the gene pool.
There's a lot of truth to that...
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

PalmettoRon

Pfizer x 2. No side effects. I don't care if a person chooses to not take the vaccine, but please do the folks needing medical care for other reasons a favor. Stay away from the hospital if you get sick from COVID.

Just a few thoughts. No one knows the long term potential complications of the vaccine because not enough time has transpired to know the outcome. That's absolutely true.However, the same is true of having COVID. The virus that causes chicken pox can recur decades later as shingles. Polio can recur decades later as a post polio syndrome. Who knows if COVID is gonna recur and wreck one's lung, heart, brain, etc years later?

As to the short term complications of the vaccine vs having COVID, the odds stack up nicely for the vaccine.

While being healthy and being healthy and young is a big advantage in fighting off COVID, no one has natural immunity to COVID short of having had COVID.

If you've had COVID, you do indeed appear to have higher counts of antibodies compared to someone who has had the vaccine, but might benefit from a single supplemental vaccine.

I hope everyone on the forum stays well and respect everyone's choice. Back in June, over 96% of physicians had chosen to take the vaccine. This was before any mandates. To me that is telling.

jhoward11

I operate a nursing facility and have not received the vaccine. Since early last year, I have said we all are going to have to get Covid and let our immune system do it's job. Some have better immune systems than others and will deal with it better. I would be interested in the comment about the hospitals and numbers...how many of those un-vaccinated/vaccinated sick people actually tested positive for covid last year? You can be vaccinated and get/spread just as easy as un-vaccinated. I have had numerous residents who are fully vaccinated pass after testing positive. I have 2 staff members have strokes and still off work 2 weeks after receiving their vaccine. There's a reason why 40% or more of healthcare workers aren't receiving the vaccine. We see what you can't, or what is reported through the government run CDC. Everyone will have to get covid in some form or the other! They will get immunity through this, not a vaccine that is already waning after 6 months! The vaccine is NOT KEEPING YOU FROM GETTING Covid! It is designed to supposedly keep you out of serious hospitilation.  I know everyone has a story of someone who had difficulty with it, and I have seen and heard them all. Good/bad! My decision is based on my experience. I pray good health for all of you.

PalmettoRon

jhoward11, I'm a recently retired physician, still volunteer, have multiple family and friends on the front lines in the hospital, so I think I have seen and heard plenty. The statement that the  vaccine does not necessarily keep you from getting COVID is correct, but I DO know the number of patients who have had the vaccine and have required hospitalization is heavily skewed towards the unvaccinated, more so for ICU admissions and even more so for those requiring ventilators and dying.

As to health care workers, that is a broad term and encompasses housekeeping, transport staff, maintenance, clerical staff, etc. The vast, vast majority of physicians and nurses have been vaccinated. That is a fact and there is a reason for that.

I will agree that we all may end up with COVID as this thing continues to mutate around the world. Stay well!

cpreeves

I got the J&J. Felt bad that afternoon, but I was fine the next day. My wife got pfizer and felt the same way I did after her second shot. I was not going to get the vaccine, but my wife and I want to do everything we can to keep our 9 month old from getting covid, so we decided to get vaccinated. I got covid at the end of April. Very mild symptoms. I credit that to me taking the vaccine. To me, it is a decision you need to make for yourself.

Jstocks

Quote from: PalmettoRon on September 01, 2021, 09:19:40 AM
Pfizer x 2. No side effects. I don't care if a person chooses to not take the vaccine, but please do the folks needing medical care for other reasons a favor. Stay away from the hospital if you get sick from COVID.

Just a few thoughts. No one knows the long term potential complications of the vaccine because not enough time has transpired to know the outcome. That's absolutely true.However, the same is true of having COVID. The virus that causes chicken pox can recur decades later as shingles. Polio can recur decades later as a post polio syndrome. Who knows if COVID is gonna recur and wreck one's lung, heart, brain, etc years later?

As to the short term complications of the vaccine vs having COVID, the odds stack up nicely for the vaccine.

While being healthy and being healthy and young is a big advantage in fighting off COVID, no one has natural immunity to COVID short of having had COVID.

If you've had COVID, you do indeed appear to have higher counts of antibodies compared to someone who has had the vaccine, but might benefit from a single supplemental vaccine.

I hope everyone on the forum stays well and respect everyone's choice. Back in June, over 96% of physicians had chosen to take the vaccine. This was before any mandates. To me that is telling.

Very well put. I agree with the first paragraph especially.

I also believe it's ones choice and I like to rely on science and facts to make my choices. It's been difficult on this topic because of so much false information on both sides being pushed by agendas.

I took the J&J. Side effect of a sore arm only.
Wife took the J&J and ran a fever one night and had a sore arm.

EZ

Just an observation: COVID has been around for quite a while now. Why do we not see the internet, TV and other media flood with info on how to build a strong, healthy immune system?

THattaway

So which is riskier? Having already survived covid and going unvaccinated or getting the vax and risking side effects? Someone answer that for me because I'm skeptical. I keep hearing about strokes after vaccination.

Am certain I had covid in Feb. 2020 prior to testing. Sick for 7 days, fever, dry cough, body aches, passed out twice. Worst I can recall and I've not missed two consecutive days at work due to sickness in 32 years previously. No one else in household got sick, wife slept in same bed.

Son got sick in June 2020, tested positive, sick for 4-5 days. Wife got sick within 3-4 days, didn't bother with testing and sick for 5 days and a sort of relapse a week later for a few days. I didn't get sick, quarantined from work, returned after 10-12 days with neg test and slept in same bed the whole time with wife, same house with son.

I wash my hands, don't cough or sneeze on anyone and social distance like my mama taught me long before covid. I've been silent on this till this post, mostly because no good comes from talking about it unless you comply.

"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Magdump

No and I don't plan to until we know more about the potential long term effects of these vaccines.  Until then, i am using Ivermectin ("horse paste"), zinc, selenium, vitamin D3, and quercitin as a preventative.

bbcoach

I'll turn 64 this month and I had both doses of Moderna by May.  As far as long term effects, some of us have more time behind us then in front.  I can tell you after the second dose, the first shot definitely gave me and the wife antibodies because we did have a low grade fever, body aches and chills for several hours on the second day after the second shot.  If the booster becomes available, we'll get it as well.  We have been exposed to several people, that have had tested positive, with No effects.  Is it for everyone, I don't believe it is but I believe many people are seeing the benefits with this second outbreak.   

WildTigerTrout

Quote from: Candyman on August 31, 2021, 08:43:23 PM
Quote from: WildTigerTrout on August 31, 2021, 07:17:30 PM
Quote from: Spurs Up on August 31, 2021, 07:05:33 PM
Quote from: WildTigerTrout on August 31, 2021, 06:40:02 PM
I got the J&J Vaccine in mid- February from the VA.  No problem at all.  My arm was more sore from the flu shot.

My wife got the Moderna.  Her arm was really sore both times and she had some side effects for a couple days.

Glad we got them.  This is America and everyone can decide for themselves but I encourage getting it.

Do you work for Johnson & Johnson?  To my knowledge, that vax wasn't available to the rest of us before March.
NO I don't work for J&J.  I am a U.S. Army Veteran.  They called me and offered me the shot.  I got it at the VA Clinic.  I think I earned it!

Thank you for your service!
You are welcome.  Thank God we still have young men and women, to include my son who are willing to sacrifice for our country by military service.  I salute you all!
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

paintbrush

Got both of my Pfizer shots back in April. No side affects at all.

Howie g

I had covid back in nov , had severe fatigue and head aches for 7 days and lost close to 20 lbs from lack of appetite / taste / smell .  I wasn't going to get the vaccine because of the potential future issues that nobody has answers to, and figured I should have anti body's built up  .  But , I happened to see a sign in our little towns only pharmacy, that they had free vaccines that day . My gut told me to get it done . I followed my gut and got my lst shot ,  woke up that night with 103 fever , cold chills etc , felt like doo doo for 3 full days .  Sooo now my 2nd shot is due . I honestly don't know if I should get the 2nd ?  I don't want to get sick again !  So I'm learning toward not getting it at this point .   You ask ten folks there " opinions " on this and you'll get 11different views !   I'm confused to say the least ...

Southerngobbler

I got my two Pfizer shots as soon as they would let me, since then my beards grown a little and I seem to blow a lot of money on turkey calls.

Tail Feathers

I had a base case of COVID in Dec.  Got the J&J shot in May before doing some traveling.  I told myself if I lived over COVID that I would get a shot before I risked getting it again.
J&J gave me a sore arm for several days and 12 hours of bad chills, mild fever and feeling pretty bad.
COVID took 20% of the capacity of my left lung and left me with a long recovery period.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!