turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

input on Vortex Venom

Started by adkmountainken, September 07, 2021, 06:34:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adkmountainken

i have a Vortex Venom on the way and plan to put it on my Stevens model 301 in .410 and info on this sight good or bad would be appreciated!

hoythunter

It's an excellent sight. I absolutely love mine. I think you will too.

Candyman

I have one on my Encore 20 and love it. I have not had a single issue with it so far.

perrytrails

I own 3. Awesome sight. Get a Sumtoy Mount from Sumtoy customs for that 410.

Great setup!!

RND1983

I truly don't believe there is a huge difference between the Venom and the FF3. I may be wrong here, but I recall reading somewhere that there is an issue with the Venom running out of adjustment. I think you have to do something along the lines of going all the way up-down/left-right a few times to free it up. I will echo the above regarding the Sumtoy mount. To me, mounting it properly is the most important aspect. The Sumtoy mount is solid and low profile.

PalmettoRon

Mounted the Vortex Venom using the Meadow Creek mount on a Remington .410. It functioned very well in the woods much to the regret of several longbeards. I think you will be pleased. I've also watched a buddy with his Yildiz .410 lay out multiple birds with his.

The red dot is easy to pick up and gives you a lot of confidence when using a subgauge gun. Enjoy!!

guesswho

I've hunted with two of them about four seasons and had absolutely zero issues.   I did just recently change to a Holosun simply because it's available in green and offers several sight window options.   I'm. It sure where you ordered one from but I hope it was at least as good as this deal.   Add to cart and enter VENOM in the discount code for $70 off.
https://palmettostatearmory.com/vortex-venom-red-dot-top-load-3-moa-dot.html?avad=211021_c23cac665&utm_source=Avantlink&utm_medium=Referral&utm_campaign=cl
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Franklin7x57

got 2, but I hate changing batteries

Mossberg90MN

I love the Venom. It is my go to sight, I actually ran into a member on here and he recommended the Vortex Venom. I did buy a FF3 and it was defective and wouldn't hold zero.

Bought a Venom immediately, based on my previous recommendation. Love it. Sleek, good field of view, and that Vortex warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upfold99

I run 2 of them. Both on sumtoy mounts. No issues so far. Been 3 years.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Bolandstrutters

Been running one for 3 years with zero issues.  I always put in a fresh battery and the beginning of the season and never have had it run out of juice in a full season.