turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey vest opinion wanted

Started by bigbird, August 01, 2021, 11:14:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbird

I'm looking at getting an alps impact vest. Does anyone have one or used one more than a time or two that can give me a good review of it?  I had an old vest with that similar idea of sitting anywhere with the self supporting vest. I believe it was an old whitewater vest and it had wooden steaks in the back of the vest. Great idea but they eventually broke.

grayfox

I been using one for a couple seasons now although I didn't hunt as much this past season as I normally do. It's pretty comfortable sitting in it for an hour or two but after that my rear end begins to hurt. I have took another cushion to add to the built in one if I know I will be sitting for a long period of time & that helps. But I'm 62 years old with some pretty bad arthritis and that sure don't help any. Honestly I have a hard time staying comfortable very long on anything I'm sitting on. The best thing I like about the vest is the ability to sit anywhere without having to have a tree to lean against. This was the main reason I bought the vest. I also like the wide shoulder straps that help make it comfortable when carrying a lot of gear. It also has a huge game bag that I really like. I'm not crazy about the layout of the vest but it does work for me. The 2 top zippered pockets are a little too shallow for what I'm used to like on my Cabela's vest. So I cut the bottom out on the left side so now the pocket extends all the way down to the bottom of the vest & I have lots more room for more gear. I liked the vest much better after I did this. I left the right pocket like it was & use it mostly for my shells but you can cut the bottom out of that one as well if you want more room. One thing I added was a water bottle pouch on the side because the vest did not come with a pouch for a water bottle. Not a good thing & probably my biggest grip about the vest. Over all I'm pretty happy with it & it seems to be built pretty well. There are things I would change on it but that's been the case with every vest I've owned. Hope I've helped some but if there is anything else about it you would like to know feel free to ask.