turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hello from NC

Started by ncmountainfella, June 01, 2011, 04:53:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncmountainfella

Hey guys! Glad to join Old Gobbler. I found this site the other day, and found the info to be numerous and helpful. I am excited to join up and learn alot from you guys. I have hunted turkeys for about 13 years now. I grew up with a dad who loved turkey hunting. When I was a boy I would grab his box call and try to yelp on it, and he would never say it sounded good unless I had the cadence just right! Lol! He retired in 1986 with 38 years working for the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commision. My dad was in on the first turkey relocation efforts in the state. He had worked with Wayne Bailey, and dad had also helped lighten and perfect the nets they use today to catch turkeys. North Carolina had maybe 10,000 birds in the 70s, and several 100,000 today! I wish he was still alive to see and hunt the fruits of his labor. Anyway, thats a little about me. I am passionate about the sport of hunting, and respecting the Wild Turkey!     Mark

harvester

Basser69

turkey slayer

JVA54

ncturkey

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

spurman

:hello99:  Welcome Mark, If you love talking turkey and fooling old long beards you came to the right place.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

ncmountainfella

Thanks guys!!! I love the site, it ROCKS!!!!!!

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Woodsman4God

boomer

Ruger M77

I eat therefore I hunt

joshua

Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.