OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

TFT

Started by allaboutshooting, July 09, 2021, 07:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimspur

Ok - so it looks like they are on Fakebook. There are lots of posts on their
Fakebook page. I put TFT turkeys for tomorrow in the search engine
and clicked on their Fakebook link. I saw the Backwoods Grind coffee  donation deal on there.

GobbleNut

I certainly hope TFT is the real deal in terms of trying to organize turkey hunters into an entity that focuses on solving the problems turkeys are facing in a lot of areas.  The fact is, though, that they are doing a piss-poor job of getting the word out about themselves,...which is very concerning to me if they are seriously looking to become a force in wild turkey management. 

I sent them a message months ago with some questions regarding their intentions and have yet to receive a response.  Furthermore, as far as I am aware, Old Gobbler is the largest turkey hunting forum on the internet. Yet, we have not seen one post by any of the leaders of TFT here promoting the organization and giving us information about their goals and objectives.  Combine that with the statements about how they have not updated their site recently and/or have become more visible in "cyberspace" and other media outlets and I personally have questions about how serious they might be. 

Good intentions are great, but it will take much more than that to get things done.  So far, I have seen little to indicate to me that they have the initiative to do what it takes to become a viable organization.  Perhaps they have just not had time to get their ducks in a row.  We shall see.  In the meantime, I am in a holding pattern about them. 

Rest assured I will pledge my support, both financially and otherwise, as soon as I am convinced that they are deserving of it.  As of right now, I am not.  Then again, perhaps one of the leaders of TFT will see this and come on here and convince me....   :angel9:

Greg Massey

Quote from: GobbleNut on July 12, 2021, 11:28:18 PM
I certainly hope TFT is the real deal in terms of trying to organize turkey hunters into an entity that focuses on solving the problems turkeys are facing in a lot of areas.  The fact is, though, that they are doing a piss-poor job of getting the word out about themselves,...which is very concerning to me if they are seriously looking to become a force in wild turkey management. 

I sent them a message months ago with some questions regarding their intentions and have yet to receive a response.  Furthermore, as far as I am aware, Old Gobbler is the largest turkey hunting forum on the internet. Yet, we have not seen one post by any of the leaders of TFT here promoting the organization and giving us information about their goals and objectives.  Combine that with the statements about how they have not updated their site recently and/or have become more visible in "cyberspace" and other media outlets and I personally have questions about how serious they might be. 

Good intentions are great, but it will take much more than that to get things done.  So far, I have seen little to indicate to me that they have the initiative to do what it takes to become a viable organization.  Perhaps they have just not had time to get their ducks in a row.  We shall see.  In the meantime, I am in a holding pattern about them. 

Rest assured I will pledge my support, both financially and otherwise, as soon as I am convinced that they are deserving of it.  As of right now, I am not.  Then again, perhaps one of the leaders of TFT will see this and come on here and convince me....   :angel9:
X2 great post and i agree with you.. I'm waiting also...

Jimspur

It's disconcerting to see no real activity on their website since last March.
They have good information on their website as far as how money will
be used etc., but it appears that there's not much follow through.

It says on the site that they met initially in June of 2020. That's only
13 months ago. I don't know much about how long it takes to get an
organization up and running. Maybe it's dependent on how much money
they have raised.

I'm also going to be on the fence until I see a little more action than
some posts on Fakebook.

Jim K

I heard about TFT on here awhile ago so I joined. Haven't heard anything from them since. Doesn't look good!

AndyH

When and if they bring some attention to the northern states I will support them all I can. The southern states aren't the only areas facing problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joeturkey

Horrible  looking  logo

Shoregobbler

I joined a couple of months ago. I received a letter outlining the organizations intentions and a small decal. Also filled out a survey on line. Heard nothing since. Don't give up on the NWTF. They are the proven product and have a great history in turkey management. Lets hope they can straighten out their problems and help with wild turkey population decrease across the country.

GobbleNut

Quote from: Shoregobbler on July 13, 2021, 05:21:30 PM
Don't give up on the NWTF. They are the proven product and have a great history in turkey management. Lets hope they can straighten out their problems and help with wild turkey population decrease across the country.

I agree that the NWTF would be the chosen vehicle for turkey hunters if the organization would return to its roots and original focus and mission.  Unfortunately, as I stated previously, they have painted themselves into a corner financially and I'm not sure they have a way out of it at this point.   Quite honestly, they have transitioned from focusing on helping wild turkeys into a social organization for whoever they can attract that they think they might be able to pull a few dollars out of. 

In my opinion, the best thing that could happen to NWTF would be to liquidate all the financial baggage the organization has saddled themselves with, admit to themselves that they took a wrong turn, and start over from scratch by going back to the original mission.  That would require some hard choices that probably,...no, DEFINITELY,...wouldn't sit well with those that are happy with the current status quo, but that is realistically the only way for them to regain the trust of the masses of turkey hunters who have lost faith in NWTF and pulled their support.

How does that relate to TFT?  The history of NWTF should give the leadership of TFT a road map of how to become an affective organization now, while at the same time avoiding the pitfalls that befell NWTF over time.  If they are serious about what they have started, they have already contemplated that and made a commitment not to go that route. 

Right now is the perfect storm for TFT.  Turkey populations are struggling,...and turkey hunters are clamoring to do something to help them out.  The leadership of TFT just needs to do a much better job of taking advantage of that situation if they are to be successful. 

Chordeiles

Quote from: GobbleNut on July 12, 2021, 11:28:18 PM

This is pretty much where I'm at as well. Keeping an eye on them.

RND1983

It's been pretty quiet from them lately.