OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

NWTF Logo Change and Rebranding

Started by PalmettoRon, July 03, 2021, 07:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimspur

Quote from: grayfox on July 05, 2021, 10:10:31 PM
Quote from: Jimspur on July 05, 2021, 03:51:11 PM
Quote from: grayfox on July 05, 2021, 03:30:03 PM
New NWTF tee shirts now for sale! All proceeds go to help pay for the new logo! Get'em while they are in stock. $35.00 each or two for $50.

You couldn't pay me to wear that shirt! Hard to believe they actually
paid somebody for that "artwork"! :TooFunny:

It's not for real man. It's just a joke. I used to be a graphic artist for a screen printing shop. It is a ridiculous logo though. The other logo was fine & looked great. They wasted a bunch of money that could have been used for more important things. I will never give them any of my money.

It's not a joke - go on the nwtf website and you'll see the shirts for sale.
They look just like your picture. Go on shop.nwtf.org

PharmHunter

Quote from: Crghss on July 05, 2021, 08:46:49 PM
They can explain their position better then I can.

https://www.nwtf.org/hunt/article/evolution-of-a-brand

And already a 50% decrease in memberships explains "turkey hunters" position pretty well on the "new direction" of the NWTF.

grayfox

Quote from: Jimspur on July 05, 2021, 11:26:39 PM
New NWTF tee shirts now for sale! All proceeds go to help pay for the new logo! Get'em while they are in stock. $35.00 each or two for $50.

It's not for real man. It's just a joke. I used to be a graphic artist for a screen printing shop. It is a ridiculous logo though. The other logo was fine & looked great. They wasted a bunch of money that could have been used for more important things. I will never give them any of my money.

You got to be kidding! I'll have to go check it out. Thanks

grayfox

Quote from: Jimspur on July 05, 2021, 11:26:39 PM

Yep they sure do! And their prices are a lot cheaper too. LOL

eddie234

This was on my Twitter feed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mossberg90MN

So the new logo doesn't particularly bother me. Still prefer the old logo but I could live with the new one.

What I don't like about there new approach is it seems like the new marketing group is more focused on trying to appeal to the wrong group of people. It sounds more like they want to rebrand themselves to get the pass from people who don't like hunting. At least that's what I picked up from the videos.

That gets you no where if your just picking your words carefully so the people who already don't like you, will not be triggered enough to even care. Wrong target audience.

I think they needed to consider other options.

But just to check my boxes I am still a member of the NWTF and will continue to be until I see that they're not doing anything for the wild Turkey.

I am also a member of Turkeys For Tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoregobbler

Considering the current decrease in  population of wild turkeys in certain parts of the country, now is not the time to cut ties with the NWTF over a logo change. The new logo will take time to get use to, but the old logo looked like an ad for Jurassic Park movies. Let's support the NWTF and Turkeys For Tomorrow.Our wild turkeys need our help.

Zobo

Agree with  Shoregobbler, maybe it appeals to a younger demographic which could be beneficial. It's just the price of the thing that's got people upset.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

HookedonHooks

They're just changing it to a more realistic logo, we don't often see multiple longbeards in tow any more, it'll be more common to see cave drawing and hear folk tales of the turkeys that once were. They're just getting ahead of the game.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Zobo on July 09, 2021, 10:32:40 PM
Agree with  Shoregobbler, maybe it appeals to a younger demographic which could be beneficial. It's just the price of the thing that's got people upset.
For me it is the look of the thing, the price does not help. I feel the NWTF has lost touch with it's roots myself. They still have the worst turkey hunting magazine I have ever read, you would have thought after Turkey and Turkey Hunting went under they would have picked up some of it's writers, it was the best of the lot and I do not understand why it is only around in the Spring now.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Paulmyr

I hear you on the Turkey and Turkey Hunting magazine. Those things were like finding a gold nugget back in the 90's when I 1st started. Very little info out there about turkey hunting back then. Now all you have to do is come to this sight and get all the info you can handle good or bad.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

ol bob

The problem is they gave up on the people that made them what they are.

Jimspur

Quote from: ol bob on July 10, 2021, 03:41:22 PM
The problem is they gave up on the people that made them what they are.

Agreed. And to some of the previous posters - I would say that a lot
of people have cut ties with the NWTF. Probably 95% of them did that
way before the logo change. The logo change in the grand scheme of
things means nothing. This whole rebranding and new logo thing looks
to me like a desperate attempt to stay relevant.

Crghss

So much hate, sad. Couldn't imagine living like that. Over what? Nothing.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

Jimspur

So uninformed, sad. Couldn't imagine living like that.