turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New to me.....

Started by fallhnt, August 22, 2021, 03:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fallhnt

Shot my new gun today. A friend gifted this to me. Ready for fall. Looking for a sling.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

JodyPenny

Very nice. You have a good friend to gift that to you. Enjoy it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

3bailey3

Very nice gift, what is it, model and gauge?

fallhnt

870 3in. 12ga. he won at a NWTF banquet a few years ago. My buddy has the onset of dementia but worse at this point, Parkinson's. His hands shake so badly its heartbreaking. I've been told that males who get dementia are likely to get Parkinson's too. Really sad to see him declining in this way.

3bailey3

So sorry to hear, prayers sent!!

Tom007

Quote from: 3bailey3 on August 22, 2021, 05:31:43 PM
So sorry to hear, prayers sent!!

X2, prayers and him and his family
"Solo hunter"

RND1983

Beautiful gun. Very sorry to hear about your friend.

jhoward11

Good looking gun! Can you imagine getting that same gun with the new logo they have. Yuckville! Terrible disease...prayers for him, family and friends.

Tail Feathers

Nice gift!  Kill the first one this fall for your friend.  Hopefully he can enjoy the pictures and story with you still. 
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

TRG3

The shotgun appears to have both a rear and front sight, so it might have a rifled barrel, more suited for deer than turkey.

RND1983

Quote from: jhoward11 on August 23, 2021, 09:19:51 AM
Good looking gun! Can you imagine getting that same gun with the new logo they have. Yuckville! Terrible disease...prayers for him, family and friends.

If I got a gun with the new logo on it I would probably replace the stock. Worst logo I've seen.

fallhnt

Quote from: TRG3 on August 23, 2021, 12:35:03 PM
The shotgun appears to have both a rear and front sight, so it might have a rifled barrel, more suited for deer than turkey.
It's a smooth bore barrel that I had for a 870.

Sir-diealot

Congratulations, always nice to get a new firearm, used or otherwise.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

lacire

What a great gift you've received. A gift like this will always give you memories every time you pick it up. I've had good luck for years with the neoprene Butler Creek slings, clings good to the shoulder and makes a heavy gun feel a lot lighter. I ordered and am trying out a Claw sling made by Quake this year, first impression is it's a little on the heavy side for a sling, but we'll see, it gets pretty good reviews and the meat eater Steven Rinella uses one  ::). Congratulations and good luck with your new gun.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr