OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Wiping chalk off box calls

Started by Zobo, June 15, 2021, 11:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zobo

I was wondering if many of you clean the chalk off your box calls now that the spring season is over. Can leaving the chalk on during storage cause a problem?  I've never done it and haven't noticed any issues before but I know some people recommend it.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Greg Massey

I really don't do anything after season other than store them in container with silica packs. Now i will scotch brite the lid lightly if i feel the call needs it, if not i just continue using the call.  I'm sure other have different opinions ..

eddie234

I normally condition all my calls before I put them away.
I'll wipe the chalk off my box calls with a paper towel then use an alcohol pad and quickly wipe the rest of the residue off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

vt35mag

Wipe off paddle and rails with a paper towel, that's it.
Leaving the chalk on wont hurt, but its just going to draw in moisture from the air.

Yelper

I always wipe the chalk off with a paper towel after season and even between hunts when the humidity is high to keep the chalk from getting damp.

paboxcall

As do I, including an occasional very light buff with green scotch brite.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer