Main Menu

4th Annual 'NE Call Makers Summit'

Started by Sir-diealot, June 18, 2021, 11:08:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Tom007 on August 28, 2021, 08:31:13 AM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 28, 2021, 08:10:40 AM
Quote from: Meleagris gallopavo on August 28, 2021, 06:41:05 AM
Whoever goes to this please post some pictures from the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I only took a few, intended to take a lot more but it was very humid and I was sweating all over my camera gear and did not want to ruin the stuff. Let me make sure it is okay with the members, I know one that would not mind so here it is, Jimmy Schaffer

Thanks for sharing Steve. Jimmy is a great guy, makes great calls........
Yes he sure is and does. I did not pick up many calls this year, I have 3 people offering to pay me to do some photography for them but I need a new lens for the type of stuff they want. (Ultra-wide angle stuff) but I did get two from Jimmy and one from Jody Harrison @ Preacherman Game Calls. Looking at the picture I really do need to pick up an external flash.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

EZ

Had to run these bunch of "hoodlums " off the back of my truck!!! :whip2:, LOL!!!

vt35mag

Hoodlums for sure!
Great to finally put a face to the name, and enjoyed talking with ya Tony. Enjoyed hearing your Lee Bowles yelper story too!
Matt

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

3bailey3

someone please put the names to the faces from left to right..

Sir-diealot

Quote from: EZ on August 29, 2021, 11:58:59 AM
Had to run these bunch of "hoodlums " off the back of my truck!!! :whip2:, LOL!!!
I very much wanted to get one from Mr. Lapp, hope to next year. Anyone hear how Bob Fulcher is doing?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

crow

Quote from: EZ on August 29, 2021, 11:58:59 AM

That looks like a target rich opportunity for the INS to check out green cards if I ever saw one.

EZ

Quote from: 3bailey3 on August 29, 2021, 09:35:57 PM
someone please put the names to the faces from left to right..

The first two guys I forget their names. Third from left is Jimmy Shafer, Jeff Lacey, Clay Townshead, Mike Lapp and Bob Smith (Silverspur).

ChiefBubba

Here's collection from last week. Bubba

Beards and Hooks

Quote from: ChiefBubba on September 02, 2021, 03:31:15 PM

Wow Bubba that is quite the haul, who are the boxes and trumpet from? How was your visit take in any sights?

ChiefBubba

Quote from: Beards and Hooks on September 02, 2021, 04:23:29 PM

Wow Bubba that is quite the haul, who are the boxes and trumpet from? How was your visit take in any sights?

Left to right 2 Preachermans, Marlin Watkins, Mike Lapp, Scott Bashore box and Scratch Box, TJ Johnson Long box, Scott Bashore Trumpet, EZ Trumpet. I also got a Trumpet from Cindy Bashore. Bubba

Beards and Hooks

Quote from: ChiefBubba on September 02, 2021, 04:27:26 PM
Quote from: Beards and Hooks on September 02, 2021, 04:23:29 PM

Wow some great builders there Bubba congrats, the only one I thought I recognized was the cedar scratch box from Scott I have the same and it's a real good scratcher.

Left to right 2 Preachermans, Marlin Watkins, Mike Lapp, Scott Bashore box and Scratch Box, TJ Johnson Long box, Scott Bashore Trumpet, EZ Trumpet. I also got a Trumpet from Cindy Bashore. Bubba

Sir-diealot

Nice pickups.

John Koenig:

vt35mag

Very nice haul chief.

vt35mag

Here is what I picked up.

Lapp - Pau Rosa/Mineral Poplar short box
Lapp - African Blackwood w/ Imitation Bone mouth piece
Lapp - Bloodwood/Black Limba mini paddle

During the 5hr ride home I got the lip stop set on the trumpet, and am very happy with   what I am hearing out of it. I am new to the trumpet game, but found it real easy to run, and the roll over seems effortless.

Johnson - Walnut/Mahogany fiddle box

Watkins -
Granadillo/Sycamore Fiddlebox
Beech/Mahogany Misfit
Hophorn/Walnut Fiddlebox X2
Hophorn/Sycamore Fiddlebox

310 gauge

Wow! Must have been raining boxes that weekend in New York!  Nice haul!!!