turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Stevens 301 20 ga ejection problem

Started by Uncle Tom, September 04, 2021, 03:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Tom

Took my Stevens 301 20 ga out to the dove fields this morning and it would not eject about one time out of 7 or 8 shots. Had to push the empty shell out with a make shift ramrod. The shell not picked up by the ejector...sitting completely in chamber and could not be gotten out only by pushing out from end of barrel. No problem ejection a shell that has not been fired. Bought it new this spring and never turkey hunted with it. Only shot a few 3' shells with it getting it on target. Got home and cleaned it good and oiled it where ejector sits and ran several unfired shells thru it and worked perfect. What could problem be...maby it needed oiling. Anyone ever had this problem?

PALongspur

I have had this problem a time or two with my 301s in 410, pulling a Boresnake through the barrel has fixed the issue for me.

Uncle Tom

PALlongspur, I may try that.....might have to hone the chamber with piece of emory cloth....new gun and chamber real tight my guess.

Which Gun

My 410 does it with Federal TSS. Other shot shells work fine.

SumToy

Over size chamber is bad to do this.   Now also if any trash or crud in it.   I would use 000 or 0000 steel wool.      One thing else is with some of the stuff hard to find and with materials going up somethings have changed in manufacturing   
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA