OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tom strutting this morning

Started by dg7mm08, June 08, 2021, 09:53:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dg7mm08

I saw a Tom strutting this morning with a hen . Our season has been over a month here in N.C. He was about a mile from the property where I hunted this season here on the coast . Only 11 more months to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimspur

A friend of mine saw 3 longbeards strutting with one hen 2 days ago in Ohio.

Dtrkyman

I am typically in Wisconsin the first week of June and see lots of strutters.

dg7mm08

I have seen them as early as the end of February here but I think this is about as late as I can remember seeing one here . I am only a few miles from the outer banks.

lunghit

Still see strutting by me here in NY. Just yesterday my buddy was calling to one with his mouth and he was gobbling back every time.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

owlhoot

Gobblers still strutting and gobbling in north Missouri.

Yoder409

Saw a strutter this morning in west-central PA
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Old Timer

Quote from: dg7mm08 on June 08, 2021, 09:53:08 AM
I saw a Tom strutting this morning with a hen . Our season has been over a month here in N.C. He was about a mile from the property where I hunted this season here on the coast . Only 11 more months to go.

What your saying is i got 11months to get that new SA-20 set up! lol

Greg Massey

They will strut off and on all year...

Muzzy61

Saw 3 strutting with 8 or 9 hens yesterday on the way home from work (North Florida)
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

TauntoHawk

Still strutting up here, they basically do it on and off all year same as gobbling it's just much more predominant during the spring season.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

THattaway

One been hammering here all through the day here at my home the last few weeks. Have pictures of hen with poults here only July 28th one year and poults still had egg tooth on beaks. You do math on breeding date. It goes on longer than most think.
"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

TauntoHawk

Quote from: THattaway on June 10, 2021, 06:19:07 PM
One been hammering here all through the day here at my home the last few weeks. Have pictures of hen with poults here only July 28th one year and poults still had egg tooth on beaks. You do math on breeding date. It goes on longer than most think.
Especially with the amount of nest predators that are out there. Lots of re nesting

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>