Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How’s everyone liking the Tristar Viper G2 turkey gun?

Started by Meleagris gallopavo, June 01, 2021, 07:05:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meleagris gallopavo

Thinking hard about getting a 20 gauge Tristar Viper G2 turkey gun.  It's the closest thing I can find that meets most of my requirements.  I'd like to see some recent pros and cons.  If I get one I'm probably going to get a Sumtoy base and not use the rail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Upfold99

I have both the 20 and 410. I like both of the guns and have no issues with my setup. I'm running sumtoy base on both and a sumtoy 562 in the 20. Shoots give or take 275 in the 10.

Only con for me, both guns poi/poa is not good with bead. Both shot way low. But you said you had plans for a sumtoy mount. You should be good to go.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: Upfold99 on June 01, 2021, 07:13:21 AM
I have both the 20 and 410. I like both of the guns and have no issues with my setup. I'm running sumtoy base on both and a sumtoy 562 in the 20. Shoots give or take 275 in the 10.

Only con for me, both guns poi/poa is not good with bead. Both shot way low. But you said you had plans for a sumtoy mount. You should be good to go.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Thanks.  I quit trusting poa/poi years ago. 

Ridge Rooster

I also have a 20 and 410 Viper G2's. They are perfect pure turkey guns except the triggers, which can be made better. I sent both my trigger groups off and now they are great.

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: Ridge Rooster on June 03, 2021, 06:53:10 PM
I also have a 20 and 410 Viper G2's. They are perfect pure turkey guns except the triggers, which can be made better. I sent both my trigger groups off and now they are great.

Ridge Rooster
Good to know.  Thanks!