OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Badlands vest

Started by ScottTaulbee, May 14, 2021, 01:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottTaulbee

I just got my Badlands vest in bottomland in. It's a different fit, rides kind of high in the front but not enough to be aggravating, I like the pocket layout and am blown away by how light it is. It is one size fits most and as usual fits big even cinched all the way up. I'm 6' 2" about 200 pounds for reference. Lifetime warranty regardless if you're the original owner or not and the quality is better than anything I've seen on a vest yet. I'd pick one up if you're in the market, I've tried nearly all of the vests on the market except the Killin time, the grounded and the ol tom easy rider. But as far as the rest, this one blows them out of the water for the amount of gear I carry. Here's some pictures to show size next to my Glenda green minimalist satchel. The vest in the pictures is fully loaded with everything I'd carry to the woods, plus my green's inner tube seat and my jacket I carry in the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dazzler

Where did you get it in Bottomland? 

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: Dazzler on May 14, 2021, 02:09:55 PM

Ordered it from Canada

Dazzler

Their stock patterns leave a lot to be desired IMO. Bottomland availability would put it on the top of my "vest to try" list.

DUCKDIGGLER

Quote from: Dazzler on May 14, 2021, 02:20:38 PM
Their stock patterns leave a lot to be desired IMO. Bottomland availability would put it on the top of my "vest to try" list.

Yes sir! Sign me up for Bottomland too!  :drool:

Dazzler

Quote from: ScottTaulbee on May 14, 2021, 02:12:35 PM

Ordered it from Canada

How much was it to your door in US?  I've never ordered anything from Canada. Looks like about $165 USD before shipping and fees.

Sanders153

Ordered it from Canada

I just about did the same thing a few weeks ago. Right before I was about to order it I found out about the grounded impact vest. I am gonna try that one once it comes back in bottomland. If for some reason it doesn't work out like I want, the Badlands is my next pick out of everything else out there

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: Dazzler on May 14, 2021, 09:10:05 PM

Ordered it from Canada

How much was it to your door in US?  I've never ordered anything from Canada. Looks like about $165 USD before shipping and fees.

It was 229$ Canadian. It came out to 197$ American and that's with 30$ shipping

TalknTurkey

I bought one last year and even cinched up all the way it was still too loose on me, didn't like the loose fit at all so I sent it back. It'd be nice if they'd add more adjustments to be able to cinch the sides together more. Other than that I thought it was a nice vest.

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: TalknTurkey on May 15, 2021, 12:30:31 AM
I bought one last year and even cinched up all the way it was still too loose on me, didn't like the loose fit at all so I sent it back. It'd be nice if they'd add more adjustments to be able to cinch the sides together more. Other than that I thought it was a nice vest.
I agree 100%. I've got all the adjustments cinched all the way down and it's still looser than I prefer, I've tried nearly every vest on the market for the past 8 or so years and the only one I've found to fit is a RNG. The other turkey vest that ever fit right was a field line made around 05, the first I ever had.

TalknTurkey

Quote from: ScottTaulbee on May 15, 2021, 12:42:24 AM
I agree 100%. I've got all the adjustments cinched all the way down and it's still looser than I prefer, I've tried nearly every vest on the market for the past 8 or so years and the only one I've found to fit is a RNG. The other turkey vest that ever fit right was a field line made around 05, the first I ever had.

Same here, I am still using a Field and Stream vest I bought from DSG many years ago. I've tried a bunch of vests since then, and have yet to find any that fit as well as that one. It's also light weight and I like the pocket layout on it. But unfortunately, it's seen better days and I need to replace it, I just can't find any other vest that I like as much as that one.

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: TalknTurkey on May 15, 2021, 12:46:17 AM

Same here, I am still using a Field and Stream vest I bought from DSG many years ago. I've tried a bunch of vests since then, and have yet to find any that fit as well as that one. It's also light weight and I like the pocket layout on it. But unfortunately, it's seen better days and I need to replace it, I just can't find any other vest that I like as much as that one.
That's my problem, I've spent a fortune trying to find one that suits me like the field line and even tried to find the same field line, I've thought about trying to get a seamstress to try to fit a vest and make it the same layout as my field line.

Jimspur

Hey Talkn - that's funny you have the Field and Stream from DSG. I've been using that same one for probably the same amount of time.
I keep looking at vests online but there's always something about them
that I don't like. It's the only one I've ever used because I always used a shoulder pack for years. If I could find one similar to the Field and Stream
I would buy it.

sasquatch1

Quote from: ScottTaulbee on May 15, 2021, 12:50:12 AM

That's my problem, I've spent a fortune trying to find one that suits me like the field line and even tried to find the same field line, I've thought about trying to get a seamstress to try to fit a vest and make it the same layout as my field line.

If it's the same field line I been having for years I have picked up 2 on eBay as back ups over the years.

I did however use a K&H rng 200 this year and it's the first vest besides my field line I think I like. Maybe even like it a tad more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TalknTurkey

Quote from: Jimspur on May 15, 2021, 05:26:45 PM

Hey Talkn - that's funny you have the Field and Stream from DSG. I've been using that same one for probably the same amount of time.
I keep looking at vests online but there's always something about them
that I don't like. It's the only one I've ever used because I always used a shoulder pack for years. If I could find one similar to the Field and Stream
I would buy it.
Yep, there's a few things that aren't ideal but I've yet to find anything better. The cinch cord for the box call holder on mine is broken, I never really liked the design of it. Then the striker holders cost me a few strikers over the years because they can slip out so easily so I no longer use those either. But I love that it holds 4 pots and how those front pockets are laid out.