OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

WTB Beard Hunter (Russell Beard) scratch box

Started by PNWturkey, May 19, 2021, 07:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PNWturkey

Hello,

I'm looking to buy a Russell Beard (Beard Hunter) scratch box.

If you have one collecting dust I would be interested in taking it off your hands and putting it to good use!

Thanks!

grayfox

That's a great little scratch box. I've had one for several years now. Russell Beard is not making calls anymore which you probably already know by now. I just found out recently after calling him to purchase another scratch box. He told me that Fred Cox at Grand Slam Turkey Calls now sells the same scratch box but with a different logo. I just bought 2 from Fred & they sound just like the ones Russell Beard used to make. If you want a new one here's the link below. Hope this helps.

https://grandslamturkeycalls.com/collections/scratchboxes/products/red-cedar-scratchbox

PNWturkey

GrayFox, thanks for the info.

You mentioned that you bought 2 from Fred.

Do you buy 2 identical calls so that you have a backup, or do you find that they differ significantly in sound and you then pick the one that you like the best?

grayfox

Quote from: PNWturkey on May 20, 2021, 01:46:49 PM
GrayFox, thanks for the info.

You mentioned that you bought 2 from Fred.

Do you buy 2 identical calls so that you have a backup, or do you find that they differ significantly in sound and you then pick the one that you like the best?

A guy I hunt with wanted one so I got 2. I did buy one for me to have an extra because I almost lost my Beard Hunter this season but luckily I found it. The only negative on the two I got from Fred was the logos were smudged looking but they sounded to me just like the one I bought from Russell Beard. Fred also makes some other combinations of wood that cost a little more if you want another wood. I personally love the cedar.

graham