turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gooserbat giveaway Product review 2021

Started by Gooserbat, June 03, 2021, 01:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

btomlin

It looks like I missed out but I will add some info just in case anyone is interested.

I got 4 new pieces of gear this year and all of them impressed me.

1.  Swampfox kingslayer sight.  I have always been a "brass bead" guy for simplicity and didn't like the scope or tube red dot that I had tried in past.  I was fortunate enough to kill 3 toms with it this year.  One at around 40yrds, one up nice and tight, and one on move after he got nice and tight and spotted me easing gun over.  I had one instance in MO were my gun fell over and hit fairly hard and the sight held zero.

2.  In association with the new sight, I went with a Sumtoy mount.  I tried a different rail mount 1st but the sumtoy made such a low pro small package that I am glad that his mount was available.  Machining and finish were perfect.

3.  My grab bag of calls from Gooserbat were used to call in 2 of the 3 gobblers I harvested.  I liked the ghost cut and v-cut the best of the 5 I rec'd.  I did not hunt the single reed double cut but it is a quiet lil sweetheart of a hen.  Will most certainly be using them again.

4.  I purchased one of Gooserbats crystal calls on the classifieds.  It apparently is a blemish but my eyes must not be that good.  It is going to be a killing machine.  I can get a full range from low and seductive to some high volume with equal quality....and the turkeys seem to like it.

Sir-diealot

Congratulations, enjoy!

Sent from my S30U+ using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

eggshell

FIXED - RIGGED

I want a recount

Seriously though -congrats Gobblenut

Gooserbat

Quote from: eggshell on June 08, 2021, 06:47:18 PM
FIXED - RIGGED

I want a recount

Seriously though -congrats Gobblenut

I did, and not twice but thrice.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.