OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Leafy camo thoughts?

Started by DirtNap647, May 10, 2021, 07:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbcoach

Quote from: outdoorsmen on December 29, 2021, 09:44:21 PM
What color of north mountain do you guys get? Looks like the mossy oak cost alot more. I think k the woodland brown breathable jacket and pant looks the best.
Since I hunt spring green up I went with the Green.  In my opinion, if you don't set still nothing is going to keep you from getting busted.  If you hunt woody areas, I believe the leafy material does give you a little more advantage but I still stick with my original statement, it is an added tool but nothing beats sitting still until its not time to...

aclawrence

One of my favorite things about my NMG diffusion pullover is that I can wear anything from a t shirt underneath all the way up to my black puffy jacket. And that pocket on the front is pretty handy. I do wish they would make a small/medium though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Had a set of it one time, don't have a clue what happen to them, didn't care for it myself...

Kygobblergetter

I think you can kill them in about anything as long as you sit still. That being said I do think the leafy jackets break up the outline a little more

Mossberg90MN

I use one. I bought the house brand from Cabelas... Red Head I think? Just a generic leafy top.

I wear my bottomland pants the whole season but I like switching to a greener leaf top mid way through the season, or once we start to get a really good green up.

As everyone says you can probably get by wearing regular camo the entire time. I do feel the leafy top offers a slight edge.

It helps once it starts getting really hot. I'll just wear a real thin base layer (rhino skin-for ticks) and the leaf top.

firedup

No brand specific. I have light weight mesh style and just wear as a cover it works GREAT but it does snag on EVERYTHING. A heavy burr patch and it will literally stick your legs together.

RED NECK

I have been wearing a "leafy suit" top for as long as I remember,I have killed birds with a handful of different brands,patterns, including Asat,some walmart camo top,mossy oak bottomland and my favorite is the one I purchased at princess auto 4-5 years ago.

I tried the leafy pants a few times years ago.I don't wear them whether I am turkey hunting or bowhunting big game.I do like a "leafy top" turkey hunting,bear hunting and early season whitetail, I know It does not matter which pattern.Movement is key.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

Tom007

The North Mountain Gear Greenleaf leafy pullover woks fantastic in the Northeast woods. Very well made, the middle pocket comes in very handy. Be safe........
"Solo hunter"

Dtrkyman

If I'm going that route why not ghillie?  Leafy aren't leafy enough in my opinion.

outdoorsmen

Kinda what u thought too. But I bet the ghilli is hot. And my other thought is that wearing a vest would be covering up the intent of the jacket.  Personally I'm not going to wear the jacket without the pants. My legs are just as exposed as the rest of me when om sitting against a tree with my knees up.

Crghss

I'm a big believer in leafy suits. I've been moving and spotted otter, turkey and deer before they spotted me. I froze and they all kept moving towards me. Can only attribute this to the leafy suit. Hunting Florida I'm in the thicker vegetation. I'm sure that plays a part.

I hunt South Florida and need a new leafy suit. What is the coolest option North Mountain sells?
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

Ihuntoldschool

You already answered your own question.  You get the same results with it or without it.

The only way it can be any better is if it prevents hunters from moving at the wrong time.  If it can't do that the only thing it's going to be better at is separating more hunters from more money. 

bbcoach

Quote from: Dtrkyman on December 30, 2021, 02:54:15 PM
If I'm going that route why not ghillie?  Leafy aren't leafy enough in my opinion.

Weight and string catch on everything!  Ghillie suits are heavier.  If you're running and gunning you don't need the added weight along with the string catching on everything and collecting everything it comes in contact with.   

bbcoach

Quote from: Crghss on December 31, 2021, 09:54:39 PM
I'm a big believer in leafy suits. I've been moving and spotted otter, turkey and deer before they spotted me. I froze and they all kept moving towards me. Can only attribute this to the leafy suit. Hunting Florida I'm in the thicker vegetation. I'm sure that plays a part.

I hunt South Florida and need a new leafy suit. What is the coolest option North Mountain sells?
Breathable suit.

bbcoach

Quote from: Ihuntoldschool on January 01, 2022, 05:18:00 AM
You already answered your own question.  You get the same results with it or without it.

The only way it can be any better is if it prevents hunters from moving at the wrong time.  If it can't do that the only thing it's going to be better at is separating more hunters from more money.
Well put!