OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gibson with NWTF repro

Started by reflexl, April 28, 2021, 08:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reflexl

Well it made it. Here are some pics for comparison to the NWTF/Primos Gibson Copy. the original has much thinner sides and paddle.

ManfromGreenSwamp

Very cool!!!!
Nice piece of history you have there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"First one to the carcass gets the most"
-T.Farley

"I'm livin ta rest, I was born tired"
-B.Button

tal

Dr Juice

fishr64

Very cool! Thank you for sharing

reflexl

Not the greatest sound but after playing with it a bit I believe I can call a turkey with it.

3bailey3

very nice, Thanks for sharing..

Muck

that's interesting.  Always wondered how good the old calls sound in comparison to modern custom calls.  I expect early call makers had access to better old growth wood - maybe?

reflexl

They might have had better wood but call makers learned a lot from the time of the original Gibson call. My humble opinion but the best calls have all been built in the last 40-50 years. Some of the newer calls are as good as it gets.

EZ

Quote from: reflexl on May 11, 2021, 04:46:50 PM
They might have had better wood but call makers learned a lot from the time of the original Gibson call. My humble opinion but the best calls have all been built in the last 40-50 years. Some of the newer calls are as good as it gets.

Very true. Plus turkeys and turkey hunters weren't as picky then.....oh, and we didn't have the internet  ;D

EZ

Regardless, that a cool piece of call maker history.....the old with the new. Thanks!!!