OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Grounded Turkey Vest

Started by ScottTaulbee, May 04, 2021, 10:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: G-dub on May 07, 2021, 10:12:16 AM
Got mine a couple of weeks ago and really like it.  You can tell they put a lot of thought into the vest for hunting functionality.  The adjustments are endless, although you may have to readjust as the straps can loosen.  Four pot call pockets are more than most vests.  The only critique with them is that the elastic on the slots is tight.  It takes some loosening up to easily get a thicker call in the pocket.  Four striker slots are nice and there is plenty of pocket space if you want to carry more. I don't use the seat cushion a lot but it is comfortable and the magnet that keeps the seat on your back when not in use is great.  Far better than most seat configurations.  I really like the location of the diaphragm and locator call pockets.  Quick and easy.
Overall the vest is a great use of space and has a ton of functionality and adjustability.  It's pricey but I feel like it will last. Heck for the amount of time and money that we put into chasing birds, what's a few extra bucks over the course of several seasons.
That's where I stand with it. I don't really care where it's made, as long as I like it and it fits me and lasts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowboy

So is it Made in USA or not? Just asking.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Cowboy

Sorry. Just saw bobk post. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

lunghit

Quote from: bobk on May 07, 2021, 09:24:05 AM
I contacted Grounded Brand directly several months ago and inquired about the assembly  location  of their vest.

Their reply was the vest is manufactured in China.

Damn. I don't know why I thought this vest was made here but I was all set to order one. Maybe now I'll just save some money and get the new Cabelas vest that is most likely also made in China.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

Gumby

Update on my grounded vest for y'all. I love the layout and the way it fits. However, the seat cushion strap tore away from the seat cushion after just 3 days of hunting. Just wanted to provide an update to my experiences. I'm outside of the 30 day return window so I've contacted them about being able to replace the seat cushion. Kinda bummed bc I liked the vest and wanted to support a fellow forum member but I now have serious concerns about durability. Hopefully I just got a lemon.

jepcho

I have this vest and have been hunting out of it for the last couple weeks. I like it, my only real complaint is the adjustment straps don't stay where you set them, so I'm constantly having to re-adjust the straps. I plan to play around with a way to keep them from loosening. A side from that I like mine quite a bit.

Gumby

Quote from: jepcho on May 09, 2021, 06:14:46 PM
I have this vest and have been hunting out of it for the last couple weeks. I like it, my only real complaint is the adjustment straps don't stay where you set them, so I'm constantly having to re-adjust the straps. I plan to play around with a way to keep them from loosening. A side from that I like mine quite a bit.

I had the same issue

Gumby

Quote from: Gumby on May 09, 2021, 12:51:27 PM
Update on my grounded vest for y'all. I love the layout and the way it fits. However, the seat cushion strap tore away from the seat cushion after just 3 days of hunting. Just wanted to provide an update to my experiences. I'm outside of the 30 day return window so I've contacted them about being able to replace the seat cushion. Kinda bummed bc I liked the vest and wanted to support a fellow forum member but I now have serious concerns about durability. Hopefully I just got a lemon.
I want to follow up and say that Drew with Grounded has been great on the customer support side. Although I was outside my 30 day warranty window they are going to repair the seat for me. That's all I could ask for. Hopefully it holds up. Like I said, I really like the vest and the way it fits and is laid out.

TalknTurkey

I was considering one of these a couple months ago and I'm surprised to hear this isn't made in the USA also. From reading the previous threads on this vest, I had gathered that was one of the differentiators of this vest and justification for the high price.

Big Jeremy

If you read the post in the thread "Made in the USA" started by turkeykiller22, the guy associated with Grounded, you will see that he was asking if folks would pay a substantial amount more for products made in the USA. He never stated that the vest was made in the USA. That's probably where the confusion came in.  Yes, I wish it was made in the USA...still looks like a nice vest.

RED NECK

Quote from: Big Jeremy on May 10, 2021, 04:49:03 PM
If you read the post in the thread "Made in the USA" started by turkeykiller22, the guy associated with Grounded, you will see that he was asking if folks would pay a substantial amount more for products made in the USA. He never stated that the vest was made in the USA. That's probably where the confusion came in.  Yes, I wish it was made in the USA...still looks like a nice vest.
Correct, he actually never answered the question when it was asked in that thread.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

kythunter

Are there any turkey vests made in USA?

Dazzler

Quote from: kythunter on February 23, 2022, 10:36:14 AM
Lowest I could find that are currently in production.

https://chiefupland.com/collections/vest-system/products/over-under-vest-starter-bundle-earth-tone-limited-pre-order#gallery

Kifaru has mentioned making one, but there's no telling when.

turkeykiller22

I am not aware of any turkey vests that are made in the states. Me and my team are still sourcing several factories in the USA to bring production back home. I will say that prices will be significantly higher due to how much higher manufacturing prices are here. Of course, that is if we can find a factory willing to make our products.
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

kythunter

Quote from: turkeykiller22 on February 23, 2022, 02:08:04 PM

I am not aware of any turkey vests that are made in the states. Me and my team are still sourcing several factories in the USA to bring production back home. I will say that prices will be significantly higher due to how much higher manufacturing prices are here. Of course, that is if we can find a factory willing to make our products.
You're grounded vest looks very sleek and well put together. I plan on ordering one soon. Thanks for the feedback.