OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Shout out for enticer calls

Started by StruttinGobbler3, May 03, 2021, 01:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StruttinGobbler3

After the results of my aluminum pot thread, I decided to try one of Al's silver thunder extreme aluminum calls. Mainly because I've never tried one. I know from experience that lights out aluminums are very nice calls. But back to the point, Al's calls ranks right up there as one of the best two aluminums I've ever tried. Easiest running one I've had for sure. What I like is that he includes scotchbrite, 400 grit sandpaper, and two pieces of gray stone for conditioning. The idea is to split the call into three sections and use each conditioner in a different spot. It changes the sound more than you would think. Also, you can play the back of the corian pot for soft talk. So you have one pot, one striker; four hens. It's definitely the most versatile pot I've owned and I see this call killing a lot of birds. Not enough people leave good reviews these days, so I figured I would. For aluminum, Al or lights out are hard to beat if you're looking for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Gobble Nole

I second the Lights Out Aluminum.  My go to...

turkeyfool

I actually use his aluminum in a little corian pot. I think it's an option to swap out the glass for aluminum with his sidekick call. In my opinion, it sounded better than the silver thunder or whatever its called. But either way, can't beat it. I had birds answer to nothing but that call in SD

NCL

After reading that thread I also ordered the Silver Thunder. Received the call the day before the season closed so only got to use the call in the field one day. But would times two on every thing you said about the call. Next year that call will definitely be with me.

grayfox

I have an Enticer Silver Thunder Extreme as well. I think it's one of the best aluminum calls out there especially for the money. And like you said it's very easy to run which is extremely important in my book. And to add icing on the cake the back side on the corian pot produces some of the sweetest yelps of any call I've run. There's just something about aluminum calls that gobblers like. I've called in more gobblers with aluminum calls than any other. Al Holbert hit a home run with the Silver Thunder Extreme.