OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Retay Gordion Turkey - Initial Thoughts

Started by Pluffmud, April 25, 2021, 09:44:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pluffmud

I picked up a Retay Gordion Turkey about two weeks ago. It feels like a great gun when I shoulder it. I can get tight on the gun and its very lightweight. I got a Sumtoy base and choke, and I am excited to get a red dot and take it out to sight it in and pattern it. There is one issue I have with it however. It could be me, but I dont think it is. As I disassemble the gun and to give it an initial clean/lube job, I found that I cannot disassemble the bolt. The firing pin retaining pin WILL NOT budge. It is a one way pin and I triple checked with Retays disassembly video and the manual, and I am driving the pin out in the correct direction. They guy on the video gave it a few firm taps and it came out no problem. This pin is solid. Im concerned that anymore force and I will start to cause damage, so I just threw in the towel and Im contacting Retay about this. Its somewhat of a bummer... A brand new gun that has never been fired and I cant even take the bolt apart. I like the gun, but overall Benelli still has my vote as the pinnacle of shotguns. Just thought Id share for anyone looking at this gun.
Psalm 46:10

Pluffmud

I got in contact with Retay about the firing pin. He said that removing that pin is "a bear." He said to not be afraid to hammer the living daylights out of the pin to get it to move, and that normally once its moved it shouldnt be too difficult in the future. He also went on to ensure me that if I did damage something in doing so, that I have a bigger issue and that they would send me a new bolt free of charge. Still havent tried it since I threw in the towel last time.
Psalm 46:10