turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

#1 best turkey tip ever

Started by strum, April 23, 2021, 06:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

When your early morning coffee kicks in..........make sure you've got TP and a grippin' tree.

:help:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Zobo

Enjoy yourself and have fun. Always hunt safely but dont take yourself too seriously (see Yoder's post above!) For most of us, this isn't work after all, it's a leisure activity and a true blessing. And try to be good to each other, we hunters need to stick together now more than ever.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Paulmyr

Quote from: Yoder409 on February 15, 2022, 11:58:26 PM
When your early morning coffee kicks in..........make sure you've got TP and a grippin' tree.

I like to ad to this if I may. If your on an extended trip its baby wipes instead of Tp. I'm usually looking for shower every 3rd day. Baby wipes take a lot of burn away in meantime.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

TurkeyReaper69

Little late to the party on this one... can't sleep so I'm scrolling through OG at 2Am with turkey on the brain...
Haven't seen this one mentioned yet, and it's probably a little ways down the list of importance depending on who you ask. But as with anything, don't believe everything you read some guy post on Facebook to be truth.

Happy

Quote from: TurkeyReaper69 on March 13, 2022, 03:42:53 AM
Little late to the party on this one... can't sleep so I'm scrolling through OG at 2Am with turkey on the brain...
Haven't seen this one mentioned yet, and it's probably a little ways down the list of importance depending on who you ask. But as with anything, don't believe everything you read some guy post on Facebook to be truth.
I think my approach is better. Dont use Facebook. Ever.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Yoder409

Quote from: Paulmyr on March 01, 2022, 10:19:11 AM

I like to ad to this if I may. If your on an extended trip its baby wipes instead of Tp. I'm usually looking for shower every 3rd day. Baby wipes take a lot of burn away in meantime.

Sage advice.   Yep.

I actually carry wet wipes RATHER than TP even when hunting my home turf.  #1...... Just a lot more comfy and hygienic.  And, #2 (all puns intended)........ A flat travel pack of wet wipes fits in my belt pack a lot handier than wadded up TP.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

justin.arps

Quote from: Yoder409 on March 13, 2022, 08:34:54 AM
Quote from: Paulmyr on March 01, 2022, 10:19:11 AM

Sage advice.   Yep.

I actually carry wet wipes RATHER than TP even when hunting my home turf.  #1...... Just a lot more comfy and hygienic.  And, #2 (all puns intended)........ A flat travel pack of wet wipes fits in my belt pack a lot handier than wadded up TP.
Baby wipes for the win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maddog3355

Never did understand TP. If you got crap on your hands would you take a dry piece of TP and try to clean your hands=heck no!!!! Same applies to the rest of your body.

silvestris

Always poop near a running stream.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

AppalachianHollers

Quote from: maddog3355 on March 13, 2022, 05:00:25 PM
Never did understand TP. If you got crap on your hands would you take a dry piece of TP and try to clean your hands=heck no!!!! Same applies to the rest of your body.
I believe the concept is that it tides you over till you next bathe.

strum

Quote from: AppalachianHollers on March 13, 2022, 11:10:07 PM

In Alabama you use 2 red corn cobs and then a white one to check if clean

Marc

Wait until the bird is in good range...  And shoot it in the head.  Works 100% of the time.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Last Frontier Hunter

My #1. Get as close as possible without calling and without messing everything up. I've had so much success just getting close to the bird before I start calling. When I do call, I am very subtle and work my way up in volume/aggression.

Yoder409

Quote from: strum on March 16, 2022, 04:59:48 PM
Quote from: AppalachianHollers on March 13, 2022, 11:10:07 PM

In Alabama you use 2 red corn cobs and then a white one to check if clean

So, THAT'S why all yinz Alabamians walk like John Wayne after he just got shot in the leg............. !!!!

:TooFunny:
PA elitist since 1979

steelheadr

Kinda like fishing. My grandpappy always told me 'You're not going to catch any fish unless you have your line in the water'.