only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

#1 best turkey tip ever

Started by strum, April 23, 2021, 06:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerhunt1988

"I ain't heard a thing"

or

Only introduce those who are worthy. With all the loss of public hunting opportunity in recent years due to demand exceeding supply, this is becoming more important than ever.

spiggy2

Best advice that I have heard from some guys that have been doing this way longer than I've been around is when you're thinking about getting up from a set up on a bird, is to wait at least another 15-30 minutes. Learned that lesson the hard way a few times
"Believe me, you will find more lessons in the woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach you what you cannot learn from masters." - St. Bernard of Clairvaux

Uncle Tom

Tom Kelly use to say if you make a mistake on a bird you can't bring it back, and you know it the second you do. That is very true, so best not to make that first mistake because you probably won't get another chance.

strum

My turkey hunting life it full of those "cant get em back" mistakes.  But they made the "I done its"  all the more sweeter

guesswho

Preach the three P's to anyone who will listen, then ignore them yourself.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

EricWHill

Carry more calls than you need.

boatpaddle

"Listen to the woods around you"
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

GobbleNut

Best turkey tip ever?
Find a place with lots of turkeys and no other hunters besides yourself.   ;D

Uncle Tom

Quote from: GobbleNut on January 30, 2022, 11:20:20 AM
Best turkey tip ever?
GobbleNut, few of them places left and when you find one don't tell even your wife....she will tell her turkey hunting husband.

Uncle Tom

Quote from: Uncle Tom on January 30, 2022, 01:23:30 PM
Best turkey tip ever?
GobbleNut, few of them places left and when you find one don't tell even your wife....she will tell her turkey hunting husband.
She will tell her best friend whose husband is a turkey hunter.

GobbleNut

Quote from: Uncle Tom on January 30, 2022, 02:10:49 PM
Best turkey tip ever?

Second best turkey tip ever:  IF you find that spot with lots of turkeys and no other hunters besides yourself, never ever tell anybody else about it!   :toothy9:

Paulmyr

Quote from: GobbleNut on February 02, 2022, 11:32:03 PM
Quote from: Uncle Tom on January 30, 2022, 02:10:49 PM
Best turkey tip ever?

Second best turkey tip ever:  IF you find that spot with lots of turkeys and no other hunters besides yourself, never ever tell anybody else about it!   :toothy9:

Wait just a sec.......I thought you were supposed to blow it up on you tube and the Facebook. How else am I to know if they like me or not?  :jackson:
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

TRG3

Quote from: spiggy2 on January 17, 2022, 09:29:16 PM
Best advice that I have heard from some guys that have been doing this way longer than I've been around is when you're thinking about getting up from a set up on a bird, is to wait at least another 15-30 minutes. Learned that lesson the hard way a few times

It was about 10 a.m., I had already taken my customary nap in my turkey lounger, and was thinking about pulling my decoys. Deciding to give it just another 30 minutes, I settled into enjoying the nice spring morning. It was probably 10 minutes later that a gobbler sounded off not 20 feet behind the giant cottonwood against which I was seated. It seemed like several minutes passed before he cautiously stepped past me. I froze, waiting for some brush to shield the movement of my shotgun. When he silently moved forward, my 870 dropped him in his tracks at less than 10 yards!

ssramage

Patience.

This one is a hard one for me. I feel like I have to be aggressive and move a lot, especially on public land. I need to "make something happen". I've been most successful honestly, when I set up in a good area with my gobbler lounger and just give it time.

Turkeyman

Best tip? Hunt where there are lots of turkeys and no other hunters LOL.