OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rubber boots

Started by turkeymanjim, May 13, 2021, 04:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stinkpickle

Quote from: Greg Massey on May 14, 2021, 10:27:40 AM
Quote from: stinkpickle on May 13, 2021, 04:56:30 PM
My son got some Tingleys like these last year and really likes them.  I might have to try some out for myself...

https://www.tingleyrubber.com/collections/ultra-light-boots/products/airgo-ultra-lightweight-boot-1?variant=37782640722104
I bought pair of these last year, and they are awesome. You will not be disappointed in these boots..

Nice!  He threw one at me, and I flinched.  I was surprised how light they were.

Sasha and Abby

Quote from: ShootingABN! on May 14, 2021, 10:55:04 AM
Good luck.

Never heard of a rubber boot being cool in warmer weather.

I have used Lacrosse for years. I always get the non insolated. They make a rubber conditioner that will help them last longer. 

I think the quality of must boots are going down. Rubber breaks down faster. Snake boots you pay a premium for only waterproof for a few hunts..... List goes on and on.

Ditto....

THattaway

Lacrosse aerolites. May be better out there but best balance I've found for price, footbed for long walking, light weight, comfort, durability/longevity. I've put up to 160 miles a turkey season and a full 3.5 month deer season on mine, usually get at least two years a pair that way. No leak issues with them. If you are rough on boots and don't look out for barb wire then get the grange. The problem with most full rubber boots is they don't flex well at the heel and that makes a big difference when seated against a tree. Have had repeat issues with mucks leaking.
"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles