turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

reed replacement

Started by JR, May 28, 2011, 12:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JR

Where's the best place to purchase replacement material for tube call latex?             
Thanks. JR

BowBendr

I use a whole lot of different material to make reeds for my tubes.

I've had great success by cutting up surgical gloves like the doctor uses and i've also ordered latex from various call maker supply places like Brookside Game Calls, but i've had the best success by buying latex at my local pharmacy/medical supply store.

The brand name is "Thera Band" and it's used to help you build rubber exercise bands at various strengths for rehab/stretching purposes. It comes with 3 different thicknesses/colors of latex strips about 5" wide by several feet long. There's a ton of call making material in 1 box. Hope this helps

Houndstooth Game Calls

I use a tube call alot and build tube calls our calls have 7/8 bore hole and .003 and .004 thickness latex runs great on it .005 and .006 doesent create as good of yelp the wider the hole the thicker the latex you can run the smaller the hole the thinner latex you run in my experience I dont know what thickness latex in thera band is but thickness verse the bored hole through the tube call is a big thing in making a call run easily! Just my opinion!

Lyle