turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Your choice of Aluminum

Started by StruttinGobbler3, April 18, 2021, 06:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

Not a aluminum fan at all. The best ones I have played is the Jimmy Schafer Atomic 13 and Paul Platz cherry. I just do not care for any metal pot calls. They have that metalic sound that I pick up on. I have no doubt they are some killers but its a personal thing with the way they sound to me.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

goblr77

I like raw aluminum but the best two I have are black anodized. #1 is a Lonnie Mabry Asian Cedar and #2 is Dawkins Walnut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

turkeyfool

Funny enough. I was in South Dakota this morning and hit the crystal call. No response. Was about to walk down the road and literally thought about this thread probably because I also love my aluminum calls. Took the old al holbert call in a tiny corian pot out of the vest and he cut me off on the first pop of the pot. I ended up killing him about 10 minutes later

Turkeytider

Crghss

I've never liked metal calls either. But I'm going to give Copper pot from Yingling a try in off season.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

Buckman18

Hanks Game Calls Aluminum in a Padauck pot is a good one for me.

ShootingABN!

Quote from: turkeyfool on April 23, 2021, 09:36:40 PM
Funny enough. I was in South Dakota this morning and hit the crystal call. No response. Was about to walk down the road and literally thought about this thread probably because I also love my aluminum calls. Took the old al holbert call in a tiny corian pot out of the vest and he cut me off on the first pop of the pot. I ended up killing him about 10 minutes later

awesome

idgobble

Quote from: Turkeytider on April 23, 2021, 09:43:24 PM
Al Holbert Enticer Calls.
Enticer Silver Thunder Extreme Aluminum is one of the best calls I've ever had. Called in lots of very wary, suspicious, difficult gobblers with it. Use the corian side when they start coming in and get close. This 4 bearded bird would shatter my state's record if I entered it in the NWTF book. When I got it the gobbler would have been #31 in the whole country record book. I gave the beard to Al.

HILBY72

MAC - Black anodized over glass in a cherry pot