OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rio hunt advice/ideas

Started by crappieangler, May 26, 2011, 12:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crappieangler

Hey everyone, just been lurking on this site for a yr or so and is a pretty fun and resourceful forum. 

Anyway, I was curious if any of you would be willing to share any info on places to hunt rios....I'm willing to hunt public land, but also am willing to put time into finding private or pay a lease for turkey dense areas. I'm looking to finish my grand slam in next couple years. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

redleg06

Word to the wise.... If a turkey hunter tells you a "good spot" to try,  go somewhere else, anywhere else!!! :smiley-char092:

Lease is your best bet.

dirt road ninja

Quote from: redleg06 on May 31, 2011, 09:14:39 PM
Word to the wise.... If a turkey hunter tells you a "good spot" to try,  go somewhere else, anywhere else!!! :smiley-char092:

Lease is your best bet.

How true that is!!!

drenalinld

There are plenty of opportunities in KS and NE, but Central and Western OK is loaded with Rios right now and doesn't get near the attention and/or hunting pressure yet.

crappieangler

Thanks for the advice guys, appreciate the help.

gobble157

Black Kettle national grassland in oklahoma. I killed one there this past season. Lots of super jakes this year. Gonna be killer on the two year olds in 2012 :)
Life long obsessed turkey hunting from the great state of Georgia!

23 more states to go!!! US Slam bound!