turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

FF3/Venom/Holosun 507c Which one

Started by tonyzzzz, March 17, 2021, 09:30:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranman

I have a Venom, and it is solid. I bought it because I got a good deal on it. I would have no problem hunting a Burris or Swampfox.

ChesterCopperpot

If I were wanting a red dot for anything other than a turkey gun I'd consider the other options, but the 32moa circle on the Holosun 507 makes it perfect for that application. 16" circle at 50yds, an 8" circle at 25yds. Everything inside is getting touched. Personally I like the 507c-gr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cruiser

Spark352

Having had Holosons, Trijicon's, and Vortex's my vote goes to the Holosuns. I am swapping all of my optics over to them. Affordable and reliable. The side-loading battery feature is also a really nice touch. If you are worried about durability lookup Sage Dynamics on youtube. He does durability tests on all of the major micro optics.

dzsmith

Quote from: tonyzzzz on March 18, 2021, 09:54:57 PM
My concern is solid dot and holds zero.

the ff3 has a solid dot, and i can attest to them holding zero. not only through recoil, but my gun fell off the side of my pickup truck one time, and it held zero. it landed in the gravel. a solid and hard 4 ft drop. i was pretty impressed.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

Turkeybutt

I have a Vortex Venom on a SBE and M-2 which are great. I recently mounted a Holosun 510 C which is a red dot on a Stevens 301 410. I like it!
If you go Holosun look at the HE510C-GR. A little more money because it is a Green Dot. Some people like the Green Dot a little better.
IMO - You can't go wrong with Vortex or Holosun!

Upfold99

Does the auto on keep cycling, when your walking with gun shouldered? I would think on off, on off constantly would use more battery.

I just turn on at first light or first gobble and turn off when i get back to truck. Battery life on these sights are way more than a single season.

I always smile when I hear that first gobble. I look at gun turn sight on and say time for work..lol

However, most shifts are non productive!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

dzsmith

Quote from: Upfold99 on May 05, 2022, 05:45:25 AM
Does the auto on keep cycling, when your walking with gun shouldered? I would think on off, on off constantly would use more battery.

I just turn on at first light or first gobble and turn off when i get back to truck. Battery life on these sights are way more than a single season.

I always smile when I hear that first gobble. I look at gun turn sight on and say time for work..lol

However, most shifts are non productive!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
that's my biggest concern .... I'd rather not have a shake awake feature . I'd rather have manual control all the time . That's just me.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

mossyoakpro

I have really gotten fond of the Leupold Delta Point Pro...it has the auto on/off feature so I turn it on when I get out of the truck and turn it off when I leave.  To wake it up just a small movement of the gun and it turns back on.  Comes with a built in guard that works great..I have a couple FF III's as well that I have no complaints about either.
Phillippians 4:13

Sixes

Holosun 507 green is wat I switched to from a FF3

I much prefer the Holosun due to the round circle reticle.  Put the circle around his head and so far, its been lights out for every bird this year.

hawk1958

I have the Burris FF3, Vortex Venom, and the Swampfox Kingslayer.  All work great for us.

I would pick one model and stick with it. Different on/off and brightness controls are a little hard to keep straight for me.

hawk58

Sasha and Abby

I wear contacts and have astigmatism.  That said, the FFIII is the cats  for me.

tddeangelo

Quote from: Sasha and Abby on May 15, 2022, 09:53:55 AM
I wear contacts and have astigmatism.  That said, the FFIII is the cats  for me.

Curious if you notice a difference in starburst between the FF3 and the other reflex sights? I also have astigmatism and wear contacts and often see at least noticeable if not pronounced starburst on reflex sights.

runngun

I wear contacts and I have astigmatism too. I have a Sig Romeo Zero on my P356XL. The bloom with the Romeo Zero is horrible.  I have a Trijicon MRS, and the dot is perfect,  the reticle on my Holosun 510c is perfect as well!!! Absolutely no problem with Trijicon or the Holosun 510c. I don't know what the difference is but it is huge!

Have a good one
Bo

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

gobrunner