Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

The Happy Eggshell Challenge Cup

Started by GobbleNut, March 14, 2021, 10:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eggshell

Well, today I found out contractors are starting to move in to  work on the house the week I planned for Ky and I will be heading to South Dakota maybe as soon as early May, to visit our daughter we haven't seen since the whole covid thing started (December 2019). So my seasons are gonna be messed up.  I doubt that hurts me to much, but I am gonna keep it as an excuse.....nahhh ! I haven't scouted to any degree in years, maybe this year I'll actually get out and find a couple old birds to pattern before season. The last 10-15 years I pretty much just figure em out as I hunt. More fun that way. But with all this money on the line, I might have to set my mind to it a little more.

Kdp1080

If the lords a willing I still have a few up my sleeve. Put 6 different birds to bed tonight. Green Swamp the other guys will start putting up some more birds i have a feelin..

ManfromGreenSwamp

Quote from: Kdp1080 on April 07, 2021, 04:08:26 AM
If the lords a willing I still have a few up my sleeve. Put 6 different birds to bed tonight. Green Swamp the other guys will start putting up some more birds i have a feelin..
Good luck! Goooooo get em!
Put one to bed last night with three hens... we still going, got a buddy needs one more.  I know these boys are killers, I'm just giving them some hell lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"First one to the carcass gets the most"
-T.Farley

"I'm livin ta rest, I was born tired"
-B.Button

ManfromGreenSwamp

Called in one for my friend this morning on his place.  What a crazy Georgia hunt. It's been the definition of amazing...  unbelievable weather, seasonality, all the stars aligned. I'll write up something in the general forum in a few days when I get around better reception. Wow.

Called in this great Eastern 11.25" beard with a Canarywood Buster Halford (I got from a forum member) this morning. Ol boy must have gobbled 150x.

-T.Farley

-B.Button

ManfromGreenSwamp

Easter Day bird and the following morning double, here in Georgia, tagged me out with the GS-1 Kaiser pot. Done in Georgia. Hopefully the birds will cooperate when I get home and I can get some major spurrage.

-T.Farley

-B.Button

Happy

Congras on your birds fellows. Y'alls back must be getting tired from carrying the rest of your team. :)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

eggshell

well done. Looks like action is picking up. Got 10 days before I can even hunt. Keep piling them up.

PS Happy did you get my PM?

Happy

Sorry eggshell, will check. Just got in from throwing baseballs at kids.

notsure

Congratulations team! Six more days to go and hopefully I'll be able to contribute.

eggshell

Quote from: Happy on April 07, 2021, 08:35:44 PM
Sorry eggshell, will check. Just got in from throwing baseballs at kids.

No problem, practice for turkey season huh. Do you make them gobble and strut while your throwing at them?

Happy

Gotta get them used to getting hit by bad pitchers if nothing else! That and I have to strengthen my turkey toting arm. Its a win,win. The kids aren't seeing it that way for some reason.

eggshell

I see gobbleNut posted a scoring instructional thread. So here are the scoring rules for us.... The other team, see Gobblenut's guidelines,  for eggshell and happy, Whatever the heck we feel like doing. You'll just have to trust us :funnyturkey:

In all honesty all those parameters is why I don't enter contest. I just am not into scoring my birds enough to take all the extra effort. I typically weigh them and may do a quick spur and beard measure, but unless they are noticeably large I won't measure at all. I toss everything but the meat.  Beard spurs and tail all go to the back field for coyote dinner.

I will score my birds, but don't expect any big layout of pics and stuff. You'll most likely get a couple pics and my word. This is just fun for me to have some good natured jawing with forum friends. I do reiterate , Jakes count double.  :TooFunny:

Happy

Yup, its fun to finally have a competition that is laid back and actually fun. Some good humor and laughing with no real worries about the outcome. I feel this may be my last round cause I ain't into taking it as seriously as some do. Gonna go out with flair and style. Kinda like Jack Beaguard in the movie my name is nobody.   Except I kinda like the role of nobody. Get others in a pickle and stand back to watch the show. Guess that makes you the Jack Beaguard eggshell.

GobbleNut

Quote from: eggshell on April 05, 2021, 09:01:43 AM
Quote from: Happy on April 05, 2021, 08:32:37 AM
Congrats fellows! Better send a picture to gobblenut. He is probably lost and trying to call in an ostrich somewhere in Texas.

There's no spurs or beards on road runners either  :goofball:

After my trip up to OK, I would gladly have had an ostrich or roadrunner show up!  ....Oh, and by the way, I did get lost on my way back!  Word of advice to traveling turkey hunters:  Never trust that voice on Google Maps that tells you how to get back home!   :toothy12: ;D

Happy

Quote from: GobbleNut on April 10, 2021, 09:59:11 AM
Quote from: eggshell on April 05, 2021, 09:01:43 AM
Quote from: Happy on April 05, 2021, 08:32:37 AM
Congrats fellows! Better send a picture to gobblenut. He is probably lost and trying to call in an ostrich somewhere in Texas.

There's no spurs or beards on road runners either  :goofball:

After my trip up to OK, I would gladly have had an ostrich or roadrunner show up!  ....Oh, and by the way, I did get lost on my way back!  Word of advice to traveling turkey hunters:  Never trust that voice on Google Maps that tells you how to get back home!   :toothy12: ;D
Must not have been aggressive enough with your locator calls