OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Carrying Binoculars

Started by Greg Massey, February 20, 2021, 11:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbeards

About 15 years ago a my turkey hunting buddy Roger showed me a pair of compact Leica's, small enough to fit in a pot call pouch on my vest, never hunt without them! 

Sixes

Maven 9x45 in  FHF harness for deer

Leupold Cascades in a Rick Young harness for turkeys

NCL

Have an 8x25 Zeiss compact that wear around my neck inside my shirt using the factory strap. They are light weight and work well

Number17

8X42 Bushnell Legend ED on a Rick Young harness.
I carry binoculars so they are ready to use in an instant. I don't want them in a pouch, I don't want them with caps on, and I certainly don't want them in a backpack, bag, vest pocket or satchel.

It drives me absolutely insane when I'm hunting with someone else and they ask me to use my binocular because theirs are in their backpack or some other unreachable place. My answer is a solid NO. lol
#Gun
#Shells
#couple calls

Greg Massey

Quote from: Number17 on February 21, 2021, 11:18:51 AM
8X42 Bushnell Legend ED on a Rick Young harness.
I carry binoculars so they are ready to use in an instant. I don't want them in a pouch, I don't want them with caps on, and I certainly don't want them in a backpack, bag, vest pocket or satchel.

It drives me absolutely insane when I'm hunting with someone else and they ask me to use my binocular because theirs are in their backpack or some other unreachable place. My answer is a solid NO. lol
Amen, i don't care for the pouch, i tried that, and it was a hassle for me even with the pouch that has the quick flip cover. I want them ready to use.

PalmettoRon

Timed it takes me 3 seconds to flip my pouch and have glasses to eye.

Greg Massey

Quote from: PalmettoRon on February 21, 2021, 11:58:58 AM
Mine without the pouch doesn't take that 3 seconds .. LOL..

PalmettoRon

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 21, 2021, 12:01:47 PM

Haha Greg, that's good enough for me. LOL. My glasses are much less dirty, but hey, no problem-to each his own.

ChesterCopperpot

I just super glue them to my eyes to even the playing field with my quarry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Quote from: PalmettoRon on February 21, 2021, 12:19:39 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on February 21, 2021, 12:01:47 PM

Haha Greg, that's good enough for me. LOL. My glasses are much less dirty, but hey, no problem-to each his own.
It's all in a little fun, i can see your point, it's all about what a person wants to use, with or without both have advantages. We can all learn form each other, great site and Forum Old Gobbler. Spring is coming.

PalmettoRon

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on February 21, 2021, 12:19:55 PM
I just super glue them to my eyes to even the playing field with my quarry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha CC-- that's a novel concept, pun intended. A talking falcon would be an awesome addition too!

jordanz7935

Been using the Crooked Horn harness for years.

Brian Fahs

I use swarovski 10x 42 el binoculars in a marsupial chest rig. I do not hunt anything without them. Period.

huntineveryday

Go check out one of these:

https://fhfgear.com/collections/hunting/products/bino-harness-pro-m

I've been using one the last two seasons for scouting and hunting everything. Hold my binos, permit, and several diaphragm calls, with the rangefinder case on the side strap off to the right side. Comfortable to carry, works well with a pack over the top of the straps if needed, and keeps my binos protected.  Little pricey, but the quality of build is worth it.

Crghss

I use Leupold BX-1 McKenzie 10x42 with just the neck strap for everything!!! I use them so often that It would be a pain to constantly pull them in and out of a harness.

I glass at everything, just enjoying my time in the woods.

spring is coming......
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...