OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Carrying Binoculars

Started by Greg Massey, February 20, 2021, 11:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cut N Run

I use the factory strap that came with my Leupold gold ring 10 x 28.  It works well. I didn't used to carry binoculars because where I hunted was tight cover, but since hunting more open woods they have come in handy.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Nathan_Wiles

Vortex small 8x with the Rick Young harness.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

WildTigerTrout

Vintage(1990's) pair of Waterproof Nikon Mountaineer II Compact 8x25's.  I usually use the factory neck strap or just keep them in one of my front vest pockets.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Paladin85

Meopta 8x25 in vest pocket during walk-in and neck strap when in use

Gooserbat

$25 cabela's shoulder harness.  It is cheap and works.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

BBR12

Quote from: Tom007 on February 20, 2021, 02:25:33 PM
Kinda rigged up my own set up. I like small compact binos for turkey. Got these for a gift. Took a Crooked horn Bino harness, added quick detach clips to the binos, and it is a great set-up. They stay right against my chest, and the straps are comfortable. Works great. Be safe...

I did the same thing for years. I got a badlands chest pack last year and love  it. I can put my small trumpet and my mouth call pouch in there with my bingos.

Remington700

I carry 10x42 Nikon Monarchs. I have a chest carry Alaskan guide creations pack. Feel naked without them in turkey season. 

Tom007

Quote from: BBR12 on February 21, 2021, 01:46:47 AM
Quote from: Tom007 on February 20, 2021, 02:25:33 PM
Kinda rigged up my own set up. I like small compact binos for turkey. Got these for a gift. Took a Crooked horn Bino harness, added quick detach clips to the binos, and it is a great set-up. They stay right against my chest, and the straps are comfortable. Works great. Be safe...

I did the same thing for years. I got a badlands chest pack last year and love  it. I can put my small trumpet and my mouth call pouch in there with my bingos.

Amen my friend, best of luck this spring...
"Solo hunter"

RED NECK

I have carried a pair of 8x25 bushnell perma focus compacts for the last 13 years, however I noticed they were fogged up last fall during deer season.I sent them back and they sent me their new perma focus 8x25 and I hate them,they just are not what the older ones were.

I have a set of Nkon aculon 10x25 compacts on the way,should be here today for me to test out. I hav always kept them in my front right pocket of either my vest/pants or coat,easy to get too.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

Ranger

Usually just in a vest pocket but need a harness of some sort. That Rick Young looks simple and effective, those that have it would you recommend it?  I don't think the big straps and pouch on the other harnesses would be too comfortable
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

Yoder409

Nikon 10x42's on a Crooked Horn Bino-System.

Don't need 10x42's to just turkey hunt, here in PA.  But I like to be able to look at whatever...........  They're tight to my chest and never in the way, so.............

The bigger glass IS nice when hunting western birds.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

the Ward

I usually carry an old, rubber armored version of the tasco compact binos. They  are remarkably good for a cheap brand. I carry them in an unused pot call pocket in my vest, or in the carry case they come in on a carabiner snapped into d-ring on vest or my pack. I love having binos with me, it allows me to observe things that would be difficult with the naked eye.It's nice to watch wildlife during the morning lulls.

jmart241

Started using north mountain gear bino harness really like it 20.00 free shipping

PalmettoRon

FHF Gear makes a nice  chest harness as does Kuiu. I carry a midsize nice binoc. Both distribute the wt well and protect the optics from dirt, dust. I'm 65, but still sometimes am crawling up to glass an open field,etc. Both keep the binoc snug and quickly available. I prefer the Kuiu over the FHF as the access to the binoc is superior. I got both on sale as they're a bit pricy.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Ranger on February 21, 2021, 08:13:13 AM
Usually just in a vest pocket but need a harness of some sort. That Rick Young looks simple and effective, those that have it would you recommend it?  I don't think the big straps and pouch on the other harnesses would be too comfortable
Yes , i have been using it and i like how it's simple doesn't weigh anything and not hot at all.. The harness gives you 4 different ways of wearing your binos.