OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Carrying Binoculars

Started by Greg Massey, February 20, 2021, 11:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

For those who carry binoculars what type of straps, harness, chest case do you prefer: How do you like carrying your binoculars during turkey season?  I use Rick Young Outdoors 002 Basic ultra light binocular harness for my Vortex 10 x 28 this harness is very comfortable and has the quick release snaps. Do you like compact binoculars or the larger binoculars for turkey hunting?

ChesterCopperpot

I've moved to some Cabelas Compact HD binos and actually tote them in a Marsupial rangefinder pouch. I'll never go back to anything larger for where I live, what I hunt, and the ground I hunt. They're incredible. Unfathomably light. And I usually just run the pouch onto my chest strap of my pack. It's like that pouch was made for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WV Flopper

Up to 8 or so years ago I never used Binos. Today I feel naked without them! I do not have a good system for carrying, only the neck strap supplied.

I do usually throw them in the game bag on the back of my vest until I need them or get into a place I feel they may benefit me. They are Steiner 10X42, full size. They get heavy after awhile around your neck, I think one of those harnesses would be an improvement for me.

Meleagris gallopavo

I just got one of those ALPS binoc harnesses and haven't used it yet.  I did try it on and adjust it with the binoculars I carry and it seems to be a good product.  Lots of places for calls and such.  Not sure how it will work with my turkey vest yet. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

bbcoach

Vortex Glasspac Bino Harness.  I believe several other Bino manufactures have them as well.  These harnesses keep the binos close, protected and out of the way when running and gunning but very accessible when needed.  Always with me.

Dtrkyman

I use the Rick Young as well.  If I am hunting timber I rarely carry them, out west or field hunting I always do.

Been thinking about getting a mini pair to carry, just not a fan of the mini binos though.

MK M GOBL

For turkey hunting, none they are in the back pocket of my hip pack.

MK M GOBL

Tom007

Kinda rigged up my own set up. I like small compact binos for turkey. Got these for a gift. Took a Crooked horn Bino harness, added quick detach clips to the binos, and it is a great set-up. They stay right against my chest, and the straps are comfortable. Works great. Be safe...
"Solo hunter"

deerhunt1988

When I actually carry them, Rick Young harness for my Maven C.2 7x28s. The 7x28s are the perfect size for turkey IMO.

Ol timer

I like my Leupold 10x28s waterproof and lightweight.

davisd9

Nikon aculon in a vest pocket
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Tail Feathers

Bushnell were the lightest compacts I could find.  Very pleased with them but the Rick Young harness wasn't to my liking so I carried them in a vest pocket last season.  I don't use them a lot on most days so that worked out OK for me.  9 oz.  Those Cabelas were 8.6 oz I think.  Weight matters.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Which Gun

ElkTurkMan

When I am hunting around home I have a small pair of Leupold bino's that I keep in my satchel or  I just keep them around my neck (they're fairly light and compact). When I hunt out west I will carry my bigger glass and then I use a Alaskan guide Bino harness

TauntoHawk

Quote from: deerhunt1988 on February 20, 2021, 02:30:59 PM
When I actually carry them, Rick Young harness for my Maven C.2 7x28s. The 7x28s are the perfect size for turkey IMO.
Ive got a really nice pair of quality 8x42 optics that are Heavy

I got the maven 7x28 for my wife but I've completely stopped carrying my full size set for turkey and just use those 90% of the time

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>