News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Stoeger M3000

Started by lowoctane, March 20, 2021, 07:10:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowoctane

:morning:
I've been giving the opportunity and honor of mentoring a young hunter into the crazy world of turkey hunting and he has the M3000. It's the first time I've had my hands on one and after seeing how it shoots and taking it apart to clean it for him I've got to say that overall I'm impressed. Of course it's not a Beretta or a Benelli but it certainly uses their technology and it works quite well. It's a relatively lightweight gun, which I appreciate now that I have eclipsed a few years and it has options that make it attractive to many types of users. In fact, they make one with a 18" barrel that has my attention, but gonna have to convince my bride of my need of yet another scattergun.  :camohat:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

ShootingABN!

only things bad I've heard is the trigger is 7lbs+ so getting a spring kit from MCarbo is the way to go. Good luck.

lowoctane

Yep, the trigger ain't anything to brag about but easily remedied. Thanks!
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

jruff002

yes they are great guns, i have a 2000 that i've done nothing with other than kill lots of turkeys and doves.  Got a 3500 just for turkeys now but like they said my 3500 had a terrible trigger, thinking it was like 8-9 lbs...seriously...i got a trigger spring from somewhere and now its nice prolly around 5 lbs.  very nice rigs for the money

lowoctane

Quote from: jruff002 on April 02, 2021, 10:17:31 AM
yes they are great guns, i have a 2000 that i've done nothing with other than kill lots of turkeys and doves.  Got a 3500 just for turkeys now but like they said my 3500 had a terrible trigger, thinking it was like 8-9 lbs...seriously...i got a trigger spring from somewhere and now its nice prolly around 5 lbs.  very nice rigs for the money

"very nice rigs for the money"   X2!!!
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life