turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Who makes a 21 inch barrel

Started by WTNUT, January 31, 2021, 11:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WTNUT

Other than the Benelli M2 who makes a shotgun suitable for turkey hunting with a 21 inch barrel?

FL-Boss

Since you mentioned the M2, I assume you are referring only to semi-auto guns. As for 21" .. the only current production guns I'm aware of with short barrels are geared more towards home defense.
Some of the old Rem 11-87 mag's from the 90's used to have 21"
Most of the current production turkey guns are now 24" and higher.   Tristar Viper is a top contender since they stopped making the Weatherby SA-459.  This is basically the exact same "Turkish" built gun as all the SA guns (I have both) https://www.classicfirearms.com/tristar-24152-viper-g2-brnz-bottomlands-20-24-ct-3/

If you don't like the camo pattern or pistol grip, I would suggest the Mossberg SA-20.. sweet little gun as well. These are all drilled and tapped from factory. Out of the box turkey killers....

sasquatch1

870 youth model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tom007

The 80's/90's old school Remington 870's and 1187 SPS Turkey models had 21 inch barrels. The Winchester NWTF models with the laminated stocks have 22 inch barrels. Good luck....
"Solo hunter"

FL-Boss

WTNUT

Quote from: FL-Boss on February 01, 2021, 08:51:19 AM
Since you mentioned the M2, I assume you are referring only to semi-auto guns. As for 21" .. the only current production guns I'm aware of with short barrels are geared more towards home defense.
Most of the current production turkey guns are now 24" and higher.   Tristar Viper is a top contender since they stopped making the Weatherby SA-459.  This is basically the exact same "Turkish" built gun as all the SA guns (I have both) https://www.classicfirearms.com/tristar-24152-viper-g2-brnz-bottomlands-20-24-ct-3/

If you don't like the camo pattern or pistol grip, I would suggest the Mossberg SA-20.. sweet little gun as well. These are all drilled and tapped from factory. Out of the box turkey killers....

Yes,  I was referring to a semi.  I have the 1998 NWTF Rem 11-87 that has a 21 inch barrel and love it,  but part of me says it is time to retire that one and bring another on board.   My other two turkey guns are 24 inch.   That M1 and M2 are the only ones I know of and they don't make them anymore to my knowledge.   Could find a good used one maybe.   I am a big Benelli fan.

Tom007

Quote from: WTNUT on February 01, 2021, 12:41:43 PM
Quote from: FL-Boss on February 01, 2021, 08:51:19 AM

Yes,  I was referring to a semi.  I have the 1998 NWTF Rem 11-87 that has a 21 inch barrel and love it,  but part of me says it is time to retire that one and bring another on board.   My other two turkey guns are 24 inch.   That M1 and M2 are the only ones I know of and they don't make them anymore to my knowledge.   Could find a good used one maybe.   I am a big Benelli fan.

I love Benelli's.  I have the original Heckler & Koch Benelli with the Satin Walnut stock fro the 90's, and the Steady Grip 24 inch Turkey model that I turkey hunt with. They are great, reliable guns. Can't go wrong with them....the Montefeltro bolt action is smooth as silk......best of luck...
"Solo hunter"