turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Looking for Choke for Win. SX4 20

Started by rakkin6, January 26, 2021, 09:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rakkin6

Has the title says looking for a dedicated turkey choke tubes for a Winchester SX4 20 Gauge. My friend is just now getting into turkey hunting and I am trying to help him out without breaking the bank all at once since he is starting with absolutely nothing but the gun and some camo. These have the invector plus threads. Thank you guys for the help.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

rakkin6

Not sure yet since I shoot a 12. But since he is going with a 20 I was going to recommend that he shoots some Apex TSS. For me with a 12 I can use lead or TSS and be fine. I just know if I was using a 2o it would be TSS.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

davisd9

If Apex a Carlson 575 will do great with 1-5/8 oz of 9s. If Fed TSS go with a tighter choke, they make one for it.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

rakkin6

Okay, yeah I shoot an Indian Creek in both my guns. I am actually trying TSS in one of them this year. And sticking with the Longbeard XR in my other. I know with a 12 I don't need TSS but want to try it anyways. Going with the Apex GT-3 3" #9.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER