turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

vintage turkey calls,,,,,,,,,

Started by doublespurs21, January 19, 2021, 05:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doublespurs21

what vintage turkey calls you guys still using in the field???  i was using a old blodgett double trouble  pot call till i sold it .

Spitten and drummen

I still use a Kenny Morgan friction wood and a 1970 Lynch fool proof box call.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Vintage

Still use a Roger latham slate and a Jet slate. And Lynch World Champion Box.

WildTigerTrout

Still use my early 1970's Lynch World Champion box. Also from the 1970's my Stevenson's No. 430 Turkey Talker box call.  Louis Stevenson was a call maker from Wellsboro Pa.  He made calls from the mid 40's till his death in 1970.  His family continued his call business until 1978.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Tom007

Love my Birmingham Lynch Box. Just sounds different than the newer Lynch's. Be safe......
"Solo hunter"

GobbleGitr

Knight & Hale Ol' Yeller, Primos Power Crystal, Kenny Morgan Frictionwood

Greg Massey

Lohman thunder dome slate and lynch box. I carry the thunder dome with me all the time... I have one of the first ones without the turkey on the bottom of the can. I have another one with the gobbler on the bottom of the can..

tlh2865

I reckon that depends on your definition of vintage. I hunt a 1992 Cody World Class slate, its 29 years old, and thats older than I am, so plenty vintage to me!

Yoder409

I guess someone needs to define "vintage".........
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

WildTigerTrout

Quote from: Yoder409 on January 22, 2021, 08:44:49 PM
Any call made when I was a young teen is vintage to me. That would be early to mid 1970's. Any older than me are antique! Ha!
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

owlhoot

Quote from: WildTigerTrout on January 25, 2021, 10:50:46 PM
Quote from: Yoder409 on January 22, 2021, 08:44:49 PM
Any call made when I was a young teen is vintage to me. That would be early to mid 1970's. Any older than me are antique! Ha!
Right there with ya brother.
Have a lynch jet slate from 76 or so. Still talks the talk.
1980 lohman box never did
1978 penn woods mouth calls never survived dang it, lol
Lots of penn woods and lynch calls never survived the basement floods

rstewart8706

I use some of my Dad's old calls.  I don't know how old they are but the newest one, an unidentified scratchbox is at least 25 years old.  His old slate is the best sounding pot call I currently own, but will test it against Gooserbat's glass call when it arrives  ;D.  I have used his box call he made in high school shop class in 1953 but find it too big and bulky to carry easily.