turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gould's

Started by Ridge, February 05, 2021, 07:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brs2427

That's a terrible experience glad you made it back. I could not imagine being in that situation

PalmettoRon

NWTF NM Goulds Tag as of this morning is at $4500. 9 more days to go! Wow. Wonder what the final bid will be! Too rich for my blood for sure. As they say, it's for a good cause.

Come on raffle! Got to be in it to win it!

OJR

Just don't think I want the hassle. I'm flying down in April, using their gun but still plan on 2 birds and some cold Cerveza!
Chihuahua Outfitters, David Calderon. They do a great job.

PalmettoRon

Good luck to everyone going for the Goulds! One more thing I thought about. If you're bringing back your Goulds skin to have it mounted, you need to be sure you have a USDA approved taxidermist to ship the skin to.You can't simply bring it home with you and take it to any taxidermist. From my recollection, you'll need to fill out several forms, Customs will take the bird skin and it will be shipped to your USDA approved taxidermist.

Things may have changed since I last did this greater than 10 years ago, but if you're going to mount your Goulds from Mexico, I would be sure you have the process well understood and have plenty of time at the airport to complete the process. From personal experience it helps to have the printed process available as not everyone at your port of entry is knowledgable.

OJR

I brought back my Ocellated birds to get mounted last year. The process was that I had to check in at customs and give them my paperwork that the outfitter had prepared for me. CITES permit and USDA paperwork. Customs made a copy of my passport and drivers license, reviewed the paperwork, and gave me a copy of the papers. You have to declare what USDA approved taxidermist you are using and they give the birds back to you wrapped in Customs tape to transport to the taxidermist. You have 15 days to get it there. The taxidermist must file the paperwork customs gives you with the USDA. Then you can have that taxidermist mount it or, take it to anyone you choose.

PalmettoRon

Yep. That sounds exactly as it was when I last did this. A USDA approved taxidermist must initially process the bird, but once that's done, it can go to a different taxidermist.