turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Anthony Ellis Article

Started by Gobbler428, January 20, 2021, 08:14:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ

Mr. Anthony and I did a trade a couple of years ago. I told him I'd like something "traditional".
Got this beautiful ABW trumpet that runs smooth and effortlessly. She's sent a few "Northern" turkeys to Heaven!!!

EZ

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on January 20, 2021, 10:19:17 AM
Even penned by an OG...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DUH!!!! I finally realized WHO wrote the article, lol.
Excellent article David. You certainly did Mr. Anthony proud. Very, very nice layout!

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: EZ on January 29, 2021, 02:16:55 PM
Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on January 20, 2021, 10:19:17 AM
Even penned by an OG...

DUH!!!! I finally realized WHO wrote the article, lol.
Excellent article David. You certainly did Mr. Anthony proud. Very, very nice layout!
Only sad part, the world did not get to see his turkey wagon. But us on the OG can...

antnye

Somebody tell that fat dude to get off the fender of that cruiser. He's gonna bend it!!!  ;D

Hate they didn't use those pics. She took some great ones. I put some of them on my website this morning.

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: antnye on January 29, 2021, 03:28:30 PM
Somebody tell that fat dude to get off the fender of that cruiser. He's gonna bend it!!!  ;D

Hate they didn't use those pics. She took some great ones. I put some of them on my website this morning.
Mehhh, I hear he knows a good body shop

gergg

Love those old Toyota's, even if they are rust buckets......we are all putting on a few pounds with age, a few trips up those Cohutta "hills" will burn some calories....lol
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

gaswamp

310 gauge

Very cool article!  As a subscriber I enjoyed it thoroughly!

shatcher

I look forward to picking up the issue and reading it.  I hear that Anthony makes a good heavy lidded box.  I told him a while back I wanted one.

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: shatcher on February 04, 2021, 09:03:55 PM
I look forward to picking up the issue and reading it.  I hear that Anthony makes a good heavy lidded box.  I told him a while back I wanted one.
It's online now: https://gardenandgun.com/articles/top-notch-turkey-calls/

antnye

Quote from: EZ on January 29, 2021, 02:12:21 PM
Mr. Anthony and I did a trade a couple of years ago. I told him I'd like something "traditional".
Got this beautiful ABW trumpet that runs smooth and effortlessly. She's sent a few "Northern" turkeys to Heaven!!!

Still enjoying my wingbone Tony!  It's proven deadly in these north Georgia hills. Missed you at Unicoi this year.

Quote from: gergg on January 29, 2021, 07:23:17 PM

Love those old Toyota's, even if they are rust buckets......we are all putting on a few pounds with age, a few trips up those Cohutta "hills" will burn some calories....lol

Yup those ridges will get ya. Just started my pre season conditioning. That place I took you was clear cut last year. Killed a lot of birds in there. It just don't look the same now.

Quote from: shatcher on February 04, 2021, 09:03:55 PM

I've still got you down Scott. Haven't made any boxes in a while but I'll be making some later this year.

Amcglohon

Just got my second call from Anthony this week. T6 in African Blackwood and a XT in Black and White Ebony.

Gobbler428

Great looking horns and I know their both full of turkey. Good luck with them this spring!

2nd 100

Thats a good way to put it to rest ANTNE. thrubthe last couple years we have talked numerous times always turkeys and turkey calls and invariably it comes back to his respect and admiration for Mr Billy Buice . Even in our first meeting he steered me to Mr Billy to get a Macassar Ebony with removable MP , and that was even before I bought my first from himself .
Now days I can call Anthony a good friend and I consider him to be a top tier trumpet maker also . also any notoriety outside the inner circle of Turkey hunters is a good thing these days .

Corbit