OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

The Public Land Parking Lot- " Question". Has This Happened To You?

Started by quavers59, February 02, 2021, 02:25:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GobbleNut

deerhunt1988

For some of you to have never had any issues, count your blessings. It is a frequent problem in the southeast and becoming more and more of a problem elsewhere as the popularity of public land turkey hunting explodes.

quavers59

I totally agree with Deerhunt1988 in his above post. I am seeing this on Public Ground in New York + New Jersey.
    Like, I  wrote above in one of my posts- it is nothing for me to walk on in at 3.45am or earlier . Just walking in 15 minutes earlier  makes a big difference  and arriving Spring Hunters just see my empty Vehicle as they park.

Howie g

With covid , public ground areas being shown all over YouTube just to name a couple key problems .
I'm afraid public run ins etc are worse then ever .   These days you just don't know who are what kind of person you sharing the timber with . I try to keep my distance and get away from folks best I can to avoid the I " been hunting here for 20 years " guy or the tv hunter wannabes and the gotta get my daily Facebook hero pic in by whatever or whomever I need to step on guy .  I've found it's best just to avoid em period ...

Kyle_Ott

I think it all depends on the size of the tract but first to the lot should have first choice.

If we're talking a 10,000 acre WMA, you're going to have to coordinate with some folks and that's entirely reasonable.

If we're talking about 100,000 acres, you should politely turn your truck around and find yourself another place to hunt.

Discourtesy runs rampant these days with the popularity of public land hunting and I personally have less tolerance for it than ever.  It seems harder and harder for people to do the right thing.