OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

NEW DESIGN !! Fiddle paddle/longbox holster !!

Started by Yoder409, May 14, 2020, 08:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

In working with a frequent customer, who needed a longbox holster with a bit more room, we have come up with a slightly modified design on our original longbox holster.

The new design is still snug enough to carry smaller paddle callers like the Quaker Boy calls.  Yet, NOW..........roomy enough to accommodate the Watkins and Johnson fiddle paddle callers, which our previous design would not do.

Identical to the originals in aesthetics, features and "tank toughness"............the new design differs only in dimensions.  Still $45/TYD.

Thanks for looking !!!

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Spring Creek Calls

Looks very nice.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Greg Massey

Nice upgrade ... you do really nice leather work...

packmule

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Swim-Bait

Bumping this up, so more people see it. Don's holsters were recommended to me by many on this site. I bought a Fiddle Paddle off of Marlin, so naturally; I needed something to put it in. I went with one of Don's, and it fits great. Quality made product. I just picked up another Fiddle Paddle and my name came up on TJ's list, so I just messaged Don about a holster for each. They definitely match well with each other. Thanks Don for making such a fine hand crafted product.  :icon_thumright:

Chris O

It's a nice holster. I have even carried short boxes in mine. I just stuffed a couple socks in it first so I couldn't push them in too far. I am thinking a piece of foam water noodle or pipe insulation might work better. I have also carried a Turpin style box in the hen box holster and it didn't flop around too much. You could probably shim that with something also.

tlh2865

Just got one of these second hand and it is really nice!

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Yoder409

Thanks, guys !!!

Glad to hear you are all happy with your holsters !!   May they serve you well through many memorable years afield.
PA elitist since 1979

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979

aclawrence

Nice!  I'd much rather have a good fit for a Watkins than a Quaker boy and I'd imagine guys buying the Watkins boxes would be more like to buy a nice holster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoder409

Quote from: aclawrence on December 19, 2020, 06:38:27 PM
Nice!  I'd much rather have a good fit for a Watkins than a Quaker boy and I'd imagine guys buying the Watkins boxes would be more like to buy a nice holster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Point well taken.

But what we've arrived at with this design is a piece of equipment that will carry and protect ANY call.............from a $30 Quaker boy to a $2500 Neil Cost and most everything in between.
PA elitist since 1979