OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Austy Bott matched pair in bocote!

Started by paboxcall, December 04, 2020, 07:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paboxcall

Posting these two beauties for our fellow member "tal" here on Old Gobbler. Tal had Mr. Bott craft his incredible adjustable trumpet and tube call, both in bocote.

What a stunning piece of bocote too! Austy knocked this project out of the park!

Congrats to both Austy and tal on this beautiful matched set.  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

USMC0331

A picasso!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

boatpaddle

Beautiful call...

Austy is on it...

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

paboxcall

Quote from: boatpaddle on December 04, 2020, 08:13:43 PM
Beautiful call...

Austy is on it...

Love that amber colored tip Z...might be one of those on my adjustable in the near future!
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

boatpaddle

My is delrin...

That mouthpiece looks sharp...

Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

tal

Thanks paboxcall for sharing the pics. MP is ultem.

silverspur

Austy's work is top shelf. Congrats on a great set. I have one of his adjustable trumpets with a Buffalo horn mouth piece.
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

Greg Massey

That's a awesome looking trumpet ... just beautiful ... congrats on both calls tal.....

mikejd

Austy makes some beauties. I am looking forward to getting another myself.

sbbow

Those are outstanding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkey stew

Congrats on a couple of mighty fine Austy callers!

EZ

Congrats on that beautiful set. Austy is the man....he always gives his best!!!

crow

Sweet set of calls, that amber matches up with the bocote really nice

ol bob

Great looking calls from an outstanding gentleman.

Austy

Thank you gentleman for the compliments on the calls. 

During my initial conversation with Tal about the materials to use to build his Adjustable Trumpet from he had mentioned his love for Tube calls.   As a result I had decided to build him one of my Tube Calls (baffled) to get some feedback.  During that conversation with him he had mentioned that he liked a beveled Lip Stop on his Tube calls rather than a normal flat one, which for me is not the Norm.  So for me the Tube Call was a fun build, something different, if you know what I mean.